Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Leaking slide out

Well last week during a very rainy night the kitchen slideout started to leak through the cabinets . This is the second time since I have had the MH that this has happened. When it starts to leak it comes in fast and soaks everything. The next day I decided to investigate and found that on the top of the slideout there is two pieces of angle aluminum the meet in the middle of the slide out roof. This angle forms the seal when it is open by pressing against the bulb seal. Well where they meet there is a 1/8 inch crack between them. Any idea what would be a good thing to seal this crack up with. What ever I use it will have to dry so that it does not stick to the bulb seal when closed. I was thinking of trying some plummers putty on the backside of the aluminum pieces. Or another thing use a piece of that medal tape that is shiny on one side. It is going to be a hard place to get to and I will have to just feel my way around to seal it. Or how about using a piece of rubber seal to cover the crack. Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
earljan34

Darby, How about Aluminum tape the type they use in auto-body shops over roted areas 3m makes it. It will not come off if you put it on right and you can always coat it with paint that would seal it.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
darbyjudy

Default Hope it works

I went out this morning and installed some medal tape on the crack. also caulked some along the top of the Ataurium slide out. I need a caulking gun that will caulk around corners. How in the world are you supposed to do this job when you can't get to it.