Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
MLynch

Default First trip in new RV

I took delivery of my Tour Master T40F about a month and a half ago. Due to the crazy work schedule, I had been unable to take the rig out for an extended trip. Until the other day, the longest ride was the one from the dealer in Jacksonville back to our house in South Florida. At the end of the 300 + mile trip, the RV's check engine light was on.

Yesterday, we pulled the RV out of storage to hit the highway along with the throng of other holiday travellers. When we arrived at the storage lot, we were surprised to find that the electic jacks would not retract. The folks at Power Gear were great to walk us through the trouble-shooting and to e-mail us a copy of the correct users' manual for the Power Gear electronic levelling device.

When we drove off in the RV, the check engine light went off and remained off for quite some time. During our 700 mile ride yesterday, the check engine light came on for about 10 minutes and then went back off. As things stand, the check engine light has not come back on.....and I'm surprised why it ever came on to begin with.

Last night, when we stopped for a bite to eat at Whataburger (you can't get those in South Florida), I was surprised to find that I had no power steering. Getting back on to the interstate was a challenge, to say the least. Later on that evening when we arrived at our destination, the power steering was working once again???? I had checked the resevoir when we first had problems and it was sufficiently supplied with fluid. There were also no evident signs of leaks. This one is puzzling me.

Have any of you had similar issues with intermittant problems such as what I've encountered with the check engine light and the power steering? I like the RV and I'm looking forward to getting the bugs worked out. I'm just wondering what bug will come next and how long it will linger.

Best regards,
Mike
MLynch is offline   Reply With Quote