Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-18-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
fringsjohn

Default bedroom air cond. not working on shore power

at my last rv stop which had only 30 amp service I Ran my bedroom air cond. for 15 minutes and then it kicked off. At the next rv park that had 50 amps I tried to run it again but nothing happened. The furnance that runs off of the thermostat does not work and a plug in the bathroom now does not work.
If i fire up the generator everthing works fine...
checked all my breakers they seem to be fine...
can someone help??
fringsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
RJ82much

Hello John, in beautiful downtown Kalispel, Montana.

Sounds like the park breaker or some part of their service tripped or failed. You will need to go to another 50amp source & see if you get the same results.

I can't think of anything else other than the unlikely failure of your transfer switch.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: bedroom air cond. not working on shore power

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringsjohn
at my last rv stop which had only 30 amp service I Ran my bedroom air cond. for 15 minutes and then it kicked off. At the next rv park that had 50 amps I tried to run it again but nothing happened. The furnance that runs off of the thermostat does not work and a plug in the bathroom now does not work.
If i fire up the generator everthing works fine...
checked all my breakers they seem to be fine...
can someone help??
This is a difficult one is diagnose. If you have a meter and are comfortable with getting into your circuit breaker box and are familiar with the breaker box wiring. You can take the face/cover off the front of your box and plug the coach power cord into 110 volt source at your home, check to see if you have 110 volts on both legs/bars of you breaker box.

If you are not familiar with 110 volt wiring then don't do it!!

I suspect, if everything works when you run the generator including all plugs/outlets, that there is a problem with your power cord, since the transfer switch is working when the generator is used.

The one thing that gets me is the furnace since it is actually 12 volt powered and it should work when you are unplugged from any 110 volt source.

Are your house batteries up to full charge and are being charged when plugged in?

Also, do you have a Xantrex inverter?

It would help if you would put what coach you have in you signature so that we know.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
tearza

Default Rear air Cond. not working ..

I just found out why I was not getting any air cond. in my rear bedroom. The Red wire from shore power was not connected to busbar...when I had repairs made on this unit at Master Tech in Elkhart In. some one did not take the time to make sure it was tight..
This time it only coST $90.00 FOR a RV tech to com out and solve the problem....I just wish the RV SHOPS out there would be more responsible to the work they do for their customers...thanks for all your input....
tearza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
earljan34

Another satisfied Master Tech customer

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Rear air Cond. not working ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearza
I just found out why I was not getting any air cond. in my rear bedroom. The Red wire from shore power was not connected to busbar...when I had repairs made on this unit at Master Tech in Elkhart In. some one did not take the time to make sure it was tight..
This time it only coST $90.00 FOR a RV tech to com out and solve the problem....I just wish the RV SHOPS out there would be more responsible to the work they do for their customers...thanks for all your input....

I believe I would contact them and let them know what happened. They should be responsible for the bill.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote