Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-28-2023, 02:43 PM   #1
ShaneG

Exclamation No Running lights at all, please help.

Hello, I have a 2003 GS Ultra Supreme that the running lights stopped working. Head lights, turn signals work on the motorhome and connected trailer. I have checked every fuse for continuity inside the the fuse box by the drivers left foot and they are good. I did the same with the power distribution box inside the engine bay. They are all good. What else can I look at? Could it be the headlight switch assembly( I don't think so because the headlights work)
ShaneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 04:05 PM   #2
ShaneG

I have tested the headlight switch and it's fine. What else can it be?
ShaneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 02:52 PM   #3
jamesham

I would start with a jumper wire under the dash at the fuse box by drivers foot. Jump from a known hot fuse to the load side of the wire that feeds the clearance lights. Ours has a 60 amp push-button circuit breaker near the fuse panel that seems to be a chassis battery feed to all of the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneG View Post
Hello, I have a 2003 GS Ultra Supreme that the running lights stopped working. Head lights, turn signals work on the motorhome and connected trailer. I have checked every fuse for continuity inside the the fuse box by the drivers left foot and they are good. I did the same with the power distribution box inside the engine bay. They are all good. What else can I look at? Could it be the headlight switch assembly( I don't think so because the headlights work)
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 02:24 AM   #4
Big Ed

Default No running lights at all!

I'm new at trying to help out others on this forum, please bear with me.
I had a similar problem with my 2005 class A Independence 8361. In my case I had a number of lights and most dash lights out.
After much checking I found that the wiring to the ICC switch were burnt out. Not being able to find the correct Carling switch anywhere in town, I bypassed the switch and everything is working, except for the ICC of course.
After much research, I was able to special order the switch from Mouser Electronics.
Hope this may help you.
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 02:00 PM   #5
Bike Dr

Hello!
Just one more suggestion, grounds can also be a big issue.
Have you tried adding a ground jumper? Rusty grounds depending on where you live or purchased the coach have played a roll in the past for some.

Double and triple check the fuses again to be absolutely sure. Things get missed for sure from my own experiences. Quite a few times I've eventually found that sucker hidden just saying. Just simple things to check first before you go hunting for things like possible critter chews.

And as mentioned above check the ICC switch if you have that option.

Good luck, hope to hear if you find the issue!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 ATRIUM SE CAT
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking lamps, running lights