Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-21-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Ken

Default BT Cruiser 5240

Looking at a new BT Cruiser 5240. We love the floor plan but I am concerned with the “power” features. Does anyone know if their are manual over rides for the power sofa, TV, step, awning, and slide. I just want to be prepared in case of failure.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:56 PM   #2
Stovebolter

Default Manual Over Rides

Hi Ken

I own a 2020 BT 5240, had a step retracting problem and had to disconnect the linkage from the electric motor to the step pivots. No over ride.

If you are considering a purchase make sure you have the sales person and service department manager show you how to retract awning, retract step, retract slide out, retract jack knife sofa and if you have a TV that has a power up/down in console, plus leveling system if you encounter a stuck in position problem. If they can't show you how it's done I suggest finding a dealer who will.

I like the layout of the 5240 and the length works out well. As you will find out after purchase warranty/service on a Gulf Stream Motor Coach will be a real adventure.

Bud
Stovebolter is offline   Reply With Quote