Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-19-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
W0JON

Default Flat towing 2018 ford f150 platinum

Just wondering if anyone knows when flat towing the 2018 Ford F150 Platinum when setting it up for towing... the last step would you hit the button (mine has the fob start) on the dash to turn if off or do you just leave it on... I believe that when you just leave it on the system automatically shuts down after a couple hours??? just thinking about saving the battery, but want to make sure that the F150 is still towable.... the manual just says the screen says you are in flat tow, but nothing about the final step of hitting the start button (without your foot on the pedal).....thanks....
W0JON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:52 AM   #2
AZ Stroller

Per the 2018 Dinghy Towing Guide, page 19, F-150:
Only flat tow a 4WD vehicle by placing transfer case in Neutral and engaging four-wheel-down towing feature.

Put ignition in ON position, but don’t start engine.
If vehicle has ignition key, turn key to ON.
If vehicle has intelligent access, press engine START/STOP button once without pressing brake pedal.

Press and hold brake pedal. Rotate 4WD switch to 2H, then shift transmission into Neutral.
Rotate four-wheel-drive switch from 2H to 4L and back to 2H five times within 7 seconds.

Leave transmission in N and turn ignition as far as it can toward OFF position. If vehicle has ignition key, leave in ignition. If vehicle has intelligent access, press engine START/STOP button once without pressing brake pedal.
See owner’s manual.

(I tried to upload the document but it was too big. You can download from https://www.motorhome.com/download-dinghy-guides/
AZ Stroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #3
W0JON

thanks.... I had looked at several other places and even the manual...but it didn't say to hit the start stop button at the end.... just didn't want it to lock up and take out the tranny or steering thanks....
W0JON is offline   Reply With Quote