Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-28-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
UltraBama

Default Hydraulics??

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well? Gotta 36' Gulfstream(Ultra Supreme), Class A Motor Coach. Slides & Jacks will NOT function? Shoreline, 50 Amp plugged in & getting power into Coach, Reservoir @ Full level, House Batteries @ 13.9... Any suggestions?? There's been mention of 50 amp breaker within Coach, but I can't locate such an item? All breakers in panel are in ON position. Drivers seat is ALL the way in Forward location to activate safety switch. Never had problem with Hydraulic System? Are there maybe Fuses or other Breakers that I'm not aware of? Thanks for any time & 0fferings of wisdom?
UltraBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:40 AM   #2
UAHaerospace

generally, for the hydraulics, which can use a lot of 12v amps while operating, will have a large 50amp or even 100amp 'BUSS BREAKER', usually located near the House batteries, maybe mounted on the wall.
These typically also have a little 'FLAG', yellow or red, which may protrude, showing that the breaker is tripped. Push it in to reset and have hydraulics again.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
Swiss Man

On my coach (GS Scenic Cruiser) nothing is going on when the engine runs. Check if there is a switch who „says“, Engine is running.
Swiss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Dennis4809

I had a similar experience and found a 25A fuse blown. Left front compartment. Controls power to the motor. Much later had to replace the motor but that started with slow response and tripping of a thermal breaker. Find the fuse and you’ll fix the problem.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
bmojmhs

Default Hydraulics Troubleshooting

I have an Equalizer system. On the back of the dash control panel is a 30A fuse. Check that.

I am attaching (I hope) a troubleshooting guide for the Equalizer system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Troubleshoot.pdf (82.7 KB, 40 views)
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #6
Willyt

Default 50 amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraBama View Post
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well? Gotta 36' Gulfstream(Ultra Supreme), Class A Motor Coach. Slides & Jacks will NOT function? Shoreline, 50 Amp plugged in & getting power into Coach, Reservoir @ Full level, House Batteries @ 13.9... Any suggestions?? There's been mention of 50 amp breaker within Coach, but I can't locate such an item? All breakers in panel are in ON position. Drivers seat is ALL the way in Forward location to activate safety switch. Never had problem with Hydraulic System? Are there maybe Fuses or other Breakers that I'm not aware of? Thanks for any time & 0fferings of wisdom?
Had same problem on 39' Friendship. Finally located 50 amp breaker under the Allison transmission computer next to the cranking battery compartment. A little lever gets kicked out that has to be pushed back in to reset. Good luck !!😊
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #7
RayChez1

Not sure about your coach, but on my Scenic Cruiser there is a circuit breaker that controls the levelers and the slides. It is either a 30 or 50 amp circuit breaker, I am not on the coach right now to check it out, but it is a rectangular shaped black circuit breaker and it has a little lever that pops out, To reset it, just push the lever back into the black box which is a couple of inches in length. That circuit breaker on mine is where I have the two big switches to turn off when winterizing the coach or if you just want to turn the power completely off, also other electrical equipment in there, not sure what they all are since I am not an electrician. But yes there has to be a circuit breaker some where for your coach also.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Aside from the 12vdc Circuit Breakers, my 99 Class-C slide hydraulics also have 2) little cube relays that activate to lock out slides when IGN is ON? (Must be OFF) 3) (Some) also have Parking Brake switch (Brake MUST be ON?) or 4) (some) a DRIVER'S SEAT SWITCH so seat MUST be fully forward/ tilted (to prevent seat/ slide damage)?
Old 12-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
EAGLE-1

Sounds like you have a blown fuse. look in the forward storage compartment on the drivers side. That is where mine is on my 37' Ultra supreme
2007 Jeep Liberty 4X4
Blue Ox Aventa II
Roadmaster InvisiBrake
EAGLE-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #10
Dennis4809

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE-1 View Post
Sounds like you have a blown fuse. look in the forward storage compartment on the drivers side. That is where mine is on my 37' Ultra supreme
That’s two votes for the fuse!
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote