Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-03-2021, 05:21 PM   #1
WiscoRV

Default Hello from Wisconsin! Bounty Hunter question too...

Hello!

My wife and I are considering a full-time RV life for a year or so (maybe more?).

We are interested in the combination toy-hauler/motorhome and I just recently discovered the Gulf Stream made the Bounty Hunter a while back.

Seems like these are few and far between but I have seen some for sale.

Were there any major issues with this model? I'm a little concerned that the rear overhang is so crazy. And it just looks like an awful lot for a single rear axle. Even searching this forum I see hardly any mention.

We don't plan to carry a vehicle in the back actually. Rather we'd use it as an office space and use the rear hatch as a patio (kinda like people with big toy hauler fifth wheels do).

Any thoughts? Thanks and I look forward to learning more!
WiscoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:34 PM   #2
CMJ

Did you end up getting one? We bought one in January.
CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:46 PM   #3
Armand Vasquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoRV View Post
Hello!

My wife and I are considering a full-time RV life for a year or so (maybe more?).

We are interested in the combination toy-hauler/motorhome and I just recently discovered the Gulf Stream made the Bounty Hunter a while back.

Seems like these are few and far between but I have seen some for sale.

Were there any major issues with this model? I'm a little concerned that the rear overhang is so crazy. And it just looks like an awful lot for a single rear axle. Even searching this forum I see hardly any mention.

We don't plan to carry a vehicle in the back actually. Rather we'd use it as an office space and use the rear hatch as a patio (kinda like people with big toy hauler fifth wheels do).

Any thoughts? Thanks and I look forward to learning more!
I added approx 6 inches of shims on top of the leaf springs to raise the back end up approx 3 inches to help from dragging which did help a lot. I have a 2008 FRED
Armand Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:03 PM   #4
CMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand Vasquez View Post
I added approx 6 inches of shims on top of the leaf springs to raise the back end up approx 3 inches to help from dragging which did help a lot. I have a 2008 FRED

I would love more info on what you did. We drag the rear quite a bit when taking the dirt bikes out to the desert. Can you post any pictures? Also, our is missing the fold out table in the garage, I would like to build a new one, but I can't find and picture online.
CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote