Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
RachealK

Default Help

Very new owner. Bought preOwned. 2015 Gulf Stream American-lite 188RB

WATER found around the edges of bed frame (under storage) (also fresh water tank location) no other puddles anywhere else just by the frame of the bed/under storage.
HELP PLEASE
Also if anyone would like to send any and all info or recommendations to travel trailer life feel free and it is welcomed [email protected]
Any tips/dos/donts. Any and all info is very much welcomed and NEEDED
RachealK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:33 AM   #2
Gregory

There could be a leak in a few different places.
The seam where the front meets the roof, baggage door, and marker lights.
The water tank leak could ba a loose connection.
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:21 AM   #3
RachealK

Well no rain last night. So it’s not rain. Woke up this morning to another puddle. Same location. I’m hooked to city at the moment and my holding tank isn’t being used. I’m baffled.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #4
Gregory

I looked at your floorplan and the leaks look to be at opposite ends of the trailer. Is this right?
Where is your city water connection enter and where is the still occuring puddle?
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
RachealK

The city water connect is on the road side of camper closer to kitchen sink and bathroom. It’s only one leak spot everytime. Which is around the bed frame compartment where the fresh water tank is located under bed. The pump is off and all. Holding tank has maybe a half inch of water. That level is the same every time I check it. Could it possibly be from faulty pressure regulator at city water hook up. Or pump is releasing pressure at fresh water holding tank? Or pump is faulty although I am not and have not used it. ??

Any other recommendations to living temporarily in camper is welcomed. I can provide phone number. Thank you
Old 04-18-2021, 09:53 AM   #6
mudhen1952

Does the leak show up after using the shower? Mine has a leak coming from under the bed but only after using the shower
mudhen1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:08 AM   #7
Mike1931

I use toilet paper to chase down water leaks.start about an inch or two west from the puddle. Every time toilet paper gets wet just keep moving outside the circle you will find the direction the water is coming from.
If it was on the pressure side of the pump you would hear the pump cone on and re-build pressure.
Water drips are hard to find. If you are using city water hookup, and it sounds as if you are. Disconnect it, and use water from your fresh water tank. If there is still a puddle in the morning! It’s not the city water connection. Now we are back to chasing it down with toilet paper.
Good Luck.
Mike R
Tulalip Washington
6340 Endura by Gulf steam
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #8
Chuck v

A water leak after a shower may be due to increased system pressure from expansion as the heater tank gets a lot of cold water up to temperature. There is a check valve in the system that allows the on-board pump to work when you are not on a park hook-up, and this may cause heat expansion related pressure buildups that make normally sound fitting joints leak. I had this issue in a travel trailer I had decades ago. Simple fix is to add an accumulator downstream from the pump. My fresh tank and pump were also under the bed, and that is where the leak was coming from. Here is what to add if not already present:

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg accumulator.jpg (54.0 KB, 1 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:47 AM   #9
RachealK

Nope. I can wake up and it’s there
Old 04-19-2021, 11:55 AM   #10
mudhen1952

in another thread it talks about "Pre delivery inspection" where someone says all of the water lines where they attach to faucets or connections need to be resigned after delivery as the retail outlets fail to do this prior to you taking delivery. Also after driving for a while things might get loosend up.
mudhen1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:36 PM   #11
RachealK

Yes this is where my puddles come from. My tank and pump are under the bed. So I need to get this and hook up where exactly !?
Old 04-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #12
Chuck v

If it is leaking from that location even when you have not recently taken a shower or used lots of hot water elsewhere, then the leak is likely a fitting with a slow seep. Can you expose the fittings under the bed and look for any moisture at the joints? There may already be an accumulator downstream from your pump, but if not one can be added there. This will not stop the leaks that occur overnight...they are probably from weeping fittings as described above. If you disconnect or shut off the water from the park for a period of time (24 hours or so...) does the leak still appear -- we presume you do NOT have the on-board pump turned on.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:20 AM   #13
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachealK View Post
Very new owner. Bought preOwned. 2015 Gulf Stream American-lite 188RB

WATER found around the edges of bed frame (under storage) (also fresh water tank location) no other puddles anywhere else just by the frame of the bed/under storage.
HELP PLEASE
Also if anyone would like to send any and all info or recommendations to travel trailer life feel free and it is welcomed [email protected]
Any tips/dos/donts. Any and all info is very much welcomed and NEEDED
If tank/ pump under bed, (as is common), I would suspect VISUAL INSPECTION REQUIRED, and simply loose fitting likely (HAND TIGHTEN ONLY, NO TOOLS IF PLASTIC FITTINGS, or they will likely CRACK)