Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
bhplumber

Default SN EGR Deleted then engine quite!!!

I went to the shop to pick up the SN. I had EGR delete, oil cooler, sct connector, and banjo bolts done. I let it warm up for about 10 min (temp here is mid 30's). I left the shop with everything going good except the CEL would come on when I was into the throttle but as I'd slow up for a stop it would go out, then return when I would get back in the throttle. I just assumed it was due to the EGR delete. Oil pressure and temp are running normal. Then about 2 miles from the shop I began to slow up for a stop light and the engine just quite and wont restart. It cranks fine but will not fire. I called the shop and he came over, plugged in his scanner and its reading fuel injector issues on every injector, (he says its a FICM issue but not sure why). He drove it 20 plus miles after the delete with no issues. Has anyone had any similar issues after delete?
bhplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
bhplumber

Default Update

I went to the shop to check on progress on my SN. They said it fired right up , they were ju St letting it warm up. I told them it wasn't running so he went out and it wouldn't start. When it warms up it does not make enough oil pressure to run the injectors. They are bringing it back inside to start tearing it back apart and pressure testing the oil system. Hopefully they will figure it out tomorrow so I can get it home and back in the garage before the snow flies..
Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
SlimTim

Hello bhplumber,

What did the shop find on your SN. Per your other post it looks like you are on the road again.

Tim
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #4
bhplumber

One of the O-rings on the HPOP was not seated right and would leak when oil got up to temp causing injectors to not work. All is good now