Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
Porscheguy

Default Dial this thing in!!

Hello all!! I purchased a 6362 that has had several upgrades but I would like to improve it further. I was told that it had a 6 speed trans and it is a 5sp. It has the 5.29 gears and runs at a higher RPM range than I would like. I would like to lower the cruising RPM range to around 2000 rather than 2500. Is there anything that can be done? The engine fan is loud but I can live with it after warm up if the RPM range is brought down. The rig has had a decent job done of Dynomat but I found a few places that were missed. I went from a 31 foot class C on a ford F450 to this and the ride is a lot different but less taxing to drive. I would like to make this a keeper and willing to spend "some" money on improvements that make sense. Road King shocks have been installed that has improved the ride but I would be willing add the air bags if the ride got smoother without losing the stability. I have also noticed that there are several areas that look prone to water intrusion are there any areas to pay attention to? I have read many of the posts and picked up a lot of helpful hints, Thanks to all that have spent the time helping others. I will let others know of my results if I venture into uncharted territory!!
Porscheguy is offline   Reply With Quote