Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
fos

Default New member - Vintage Cruiser questions

Hi everyone -

I just joined because we are thinking of buying a Vintage Cruiser, and these kinds of forums are the best for advice on just about anything. We have never owned a travel trailer before.

There are a few questions about the VC that I can't answer from the web so far, and was hoping some here might know the answer.

Is the ground clearance on the VC's decent? Can they handle some rougher access roads into campgrounds, where it's washboard dirt and potholes instead of pavement? I'm not talking about off-roading, just less-than-perfect dirt roads into rustic campgrounds.

Do they have any insulation in the walls? The product info just says a fiberglass shell with some kind of composite backing, I don't know what that means. We would like to use this in winter. (I do have some experience with building tiny houses on wheels for winter use, and the different heating options, plus protecting tanks and plumbing from freezing - just wondering how insulated the walls, floor and ceiling are).

Lastly, outdoor storage - we do not have a place to store a trailer indoors, is there anything special to do to maintain the outside of the trailer to prevent excessive weathering? We do want to continue to use it in winter, so shrink-wrapping is not an option.

Thank you! If these questions belong in a different spot, please let me know.

fos
fos is offline   Reply With Quote