Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-26-2019, 07:40 AM   #1
RayHarkness

Default GS Scenic Cruiser wipe trim cap

Ok, folks.tough one. We have a 2002 GS Scenic Cruiser..somehow we lost the little trim clip at the base of the windshield wiper arm. I suspect these will be like HEN"S teeth to find.....anybody have an idea where you could find one of these...it drives me crazy with the one missing.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (111.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (110.6 KB, 2 views)
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
RayHarkness

my email is [email protected]
Old 10-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
Swiss Man

Believe or not: Home Depot has the joint wiper caps.
Swiss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHarkness View Post
Ok, folks.tough one. We have a 2002 GS Scenic Cruiser..somehow we lost the little trim clip at the base of the windshield wiper arm. I suspect these will be like HEN"S teeth to find.....anybody have an idea where you could find one of these...it drives me crazy with the one missing.........
Well Hello Ray, Have not heard from you in a long time. I figured you did not have the twin to my coach anymore. Good to see you are still kicking around and still have the Scenic Cruiser. We just got back from a trip to Yosemite. We spent three weeks at the TT resort and had a great time. I have 76K miles on my Scenic Cruser now and she is running better then ever. Over all it has been a great coach. RayChez

I do not agree with Swissman saying that you can find those wiper covers at Home Depot. Home Depot we have does not carry any automotive equipment.
Maybe Tractor supply or Super Walmart, but I have never seen them, but then again I have never lost one of them on my coach.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
Sudsy

Default These folks have it all for wipers!

Try here:

http://www.rometruckparts.com/products

I was able to change (update) my entire wiper arm on both sides here.

Sudsy
Old 10-06-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
Swiss Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
Well Hello Ray, Have not heard from you in a long time. I figured you did not have the twin to my coach anymore. Good to see you are still kicking around and still have the Scenic Cruiser. We just got back from a trip to Yosemite. We spent three weeks at the TT resort and had a great time. I have 76K miles on my Scenic Cruser now and she is running better then ever. Over all it has been a great coach. RayChez

I do not agree with Swissman saying that you can find those wiper covers at Home Depot. Home Depot we have does not carry any automotive equipment.
Maybe Tractor supply or Super Walmart, but I have never seen them, but then again I have never lost one of them on my coach.
Sorry, you’re wrong. See https://www.homedepot.com/p/HELP-Wip...9492/307996904
Swiss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:19 AM   #7
RayHarkness

Default follow up on wiper trim cap

well, had problems getting back in. RayChez good to hear from you again! Yes..still have the TWIN and things are running well........OH CRAP...I hope I don't jinx myself... I had our old dealership check on that little trim piece...that went over the wiper hub....they searched everywhere...couldn't find one.......... I do know there are old motorhome grave yards, and if anybody knows of any one of those, I could contact there....

guess I am getting old, as well as the Coach!!! I checked some of those sites noted, and nothing seemed to be the same......well..I do have option of replacing BOTH..start fresh..DUH.........

good to be back. The management of this site was great to get me fixed up and back............. HUGS to all.................Ray (the other ray)
Old 11-21-2019, 07:32 AM   #8
RayHarkness

just contacted this company..will keep you posted.......I could simply take the OTHER Trim piece off, and they would match..but it bugs me!!!
Old 11-21-2019, 09:53 AM   #9
RayHarkness

HEH..Just talked to them...good people..very cooperative a woman was really up on motorhomes..knew what they were (the trim caps...) this is a good site to keep on file....lots of MH parts and details. THANX........r
Old 11-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #10
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Man View Post
Believe or not: Home Depot has the joint wiper caps.
I suppose their are some Home Depots that carry this wiper blade caps, but the one we have here does not carry any of that stuff. Maybe Home Depot has like Walmart store, some are Super Walmart and then you have smaller stores with limited supplies. So my apologies to Swiss Man. But it is good to find out that some stores do carry those caps.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #11
RayHarkness

Default more of the same

Rometruckparts.com seems to have it...talked with the woman there that handles motorhome parts..she knew immediately what it was. I ordered two.....so I can put one on, put the spare someplace, and forget where that place I put it was!!!!!!!! I can see it coming!!!

All is well in Florida now..I will let everybody know how this very major project turned out. $6.95 for ONE.............I had to pony up that massive amount of $13.90 PLUS SHIPPING.........what will I do....can't afford beer or cocktails now for our next trip.........will drink water.!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #12
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHarkness View Post
Rometruckparts.com seems to have it...talked with the woman there that handles motorhome parts..she knew immediately what it was. I ordered two.....so I can put one on, put the spare someplace, and forget where that place I put it was!!!!!!!! I can see it coming!!!

All is well in Florida now..I will let everybody know how this very major project turned out. $6.95 for ONE.............I had to pony up that massive amount of $13.90 PLUS SHIPPING.........what will I do....can't afford beer or cocktails now for our next trip.........will drink water.!!!!!!!

I bought two of the base units for the wiper system from Rome Trucks to update the arms. I had a bad arm that wouldn't even hold the blade to the glass. There were no parts available but with new replacement bases the entire job was under $150 with two new arms.

Now its a beautiful thing!

Sudsy