Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
roadwoman

Exclamation what is this for

I have a 2006 Gulf stream 5291 Btouring model. Driver side lower rear panel has an opening about 3' long but diameter is not accommodating to a sewer hose. Someone said it was for a sewer hose but when they where small in diameter and not so fancy with these new ends. Is that what it was for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5891.jpg (145.1 KB, 28 views)
roadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwoman View Post
I have a 2006 Gulf stream 5291 Btouring model. Driver side lower rear panel has an opening about 3' long but diameter is not accommodating to a sewer hose. Someone said it was for a sewer hose but when they where small in diameter and not so fancy with these new ends. Is that what it was for?

I have one of those holes too but have never seen a hose that will fit.

Sudsy
Old 10-27-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
ed.b

I have the same on a 20'. Have no idea.
ed
ed.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
Gulf Santa

I have and 05 BT Cruiser with the same opening. I assumed it was for a smaller size sewer hose as well but I've never seen one that fits. Going to follow to see if anyone knows where to get the hose for this opening.
Gulf Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
FWD

Default It is sewer hose holder

It holds just enough cheap blue sewer hose with just the end that connects to MH outlet. You must push hose into this as much of it as possible. At Coe, NFS and related camping sites where you must drive to the dump station, getting MH as close as possible, you attach hose to sewer outlet and stretch the hose so that about a foot goes down into the hole. Using the cap or rock(something) to help keep hose in hole, go through your dump procedures. If the dump hole is to far, you can do what you normally do.
Been doing this for many years.
It only holds about 8-10 feet of hose
FWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
jamesham

Default Lots of options available

On my GulfStream, the hose compartment was not of much value since nothing would fit. I removed the door and pulled out the rest of the plastic that was brittle and cracked anyway. Replaced it with a very slightly larger plastic door and plastic box. I keep the fresh water fittings, regulator, adapters, etc. in the space now available.
The sewer hose goes in a large 6 inch round piece of PVC pipe tied to the rear bumper area....still not enough room to leave the fittings in place.

Quote:
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #7
ed.b

Where did you find 6" pipe?
Thanks, Ed
ed.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #8
jamesham

Menards Home Improvement Store...a chain of hardware and lumber stores in Midwest. 6 inch PVC pipe is $37,99 for 10 ft length of pipe. More than enough. Need a couple of end caps...I used threaded ones.

QUOTE=ed.b;29655]Where did you find 6" pipe?
Thanks, Ed[/QUOTE]
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #9
Tillie

I just have a door with no compartment. If I was able to get a sewer hose in would just fall to the ground. I strung cargo net inside the battery area and put my hose and adapters there inside a net hamper bad.
Tillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:12 PM   #10
Tinman

Default Hose storage

I have a 2006 BT5290 . A Valterra 3” sewer hose will fit. The Valterra hose has screw on ends. You have to unscrew the ends and the hose will fit in that storage compartment. It is a pain to screw on the ends every time you have to use the hose.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:04 AM   #11
KRoseVideo

Quote:
I have a similar hole on the side of my 2004 BT5211 BT Cruiser and it is a hole to the inside of my Water hose storage compartment. There is a larger door that is lower and toward the rear that opens for storing the water hoses, Water filters, gloves for dumping, etc.
KRoseVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #12
bse12854

It’s definitely a sewer hose compartment. You can use that compartment for a coiled compressor hose if you have a small compressor on board.
bse12854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #13
KRoseVideo

On my BT Cruiser, it is just another hole into the storage compartment for water hoses, etc. It is much higher than my Black water and Gray water discharge points.
KRoseVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:50 PM   #14
Daniel-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD View Post
It holds just enough cheap blue sewer hose with just the end that connects to MH outlet. You must push hose into this as much of it as possible. At Coe, NFS and related camping sites where you must drive to the dump station, getting MH as close as possible, you attach hose to sewer outlet and stretch the hose so that about a foot goes down into the hole. Using the cap or rock(something) to help keep hose in hole, go through your dump procedures. If the dump hole is to far, you can do what you normally do.
Been doing this for many years.
It only holds about 8-10 feet of hose
Thank you, that should work! I will try.
Daniel-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:17 AM   #15
Gulf Santa

Maybe we can store a fishing pole or two in there.
Gulf Santa is offline   Reply With Quote