Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-31-2020, 09:56 AM   #1
Ron Hackett

Default Trailer lights

I currently own a 1999 Ford E350, Gulfstream Ultra Class C RV. We recently had a hail storm and the hail broke my left rear triple tail light. Can someone direct me to whomever may sell these triple tail light. See attached image. Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200530_124251.jpg (209.1 KB, 3 views)
Ron Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:54 PM   #2
Colorado350

The chances of finding an exact match are slim based on age. Here’s a triple LED upgrade, just use a test light or multimeter to determine what wire does what on the RV then match them to the new lights. You may need to fabricate a backing if there’s a significant size difference. Make sure you use bytle tape under the lights, I typically don’t seal the bottom so if water does get inside it can drain out.

https://www.amazon.com/Bargman-48-84.../dp/B002UC6T92

Here’s a backing material you could use: 5 Pack 12 x 12 x.125 Black HDPE Sheets, Great for DIY Projects for Home and Marine Applications, Black Plastic Sheets, High Density Polyethylene Sheets, Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082VKG6VV..._YSh1EbVARX0Y9

White Butyl Tape 1/8 inch x 1 inch x 30 feet for RV/Mobile Home (Single Roll) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJLHH24..._uUh1EbYM4R39N
Old 06-01-2020, 05:55 AM   #3
Ron Hackett

Thanks so much, your probably right, this information will surely help me.again Thank You
Ron Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
jamesham

We have a 1996 Gulfstream Yellowstone Ultra on a Chevy chassis. The advice given by Colorado is correct and that has been our experience. When the plastic cracked I searched widely for new or used taillights that matched. We ended up buying two new LED units and I must say it was a great upgrade in safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hackett View Post
I currently own a 1999 Ford E350, Gulfstream Ultra Class C RV. We recently had a hail storm and the hail broke my left rear triple tail light. Can someone direct me to whomever may sell these triple tail light. See attached image. Thank you
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#gulftstreamclassc