Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #1
LargeCar

Default Dryer vent help

Tried search and it does not seem to be working for me, maybe because I'm on my cell.

2009 Gulf Stream Caribbean 35A. Where do I drill the four inch hole in the side wall for the dryer vent so I miss all the important stuff in the wall?

Thanks for any help, pictures would be great.

New to this coach but not new to RVing. Lots of west coast volunteering so been a lot of places. Sticks and bricks in Bridge Creek Oklahoma, grew up in Portland Oregon and lived in several high Sierra towns as well.

Thanks for any help.

LargeCar
LargeCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
LargeCar

Here is a picture of the washer/dryer cabinet.

LargeCar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210608_123032.jpg (84.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
Chuck v

LargeCar,

I know very little about your specific rig, but from the picture you posted it would appear that the vent is likely meant to go in that circle under the access panel on the outside wall. I have annotated your image to help illustrate...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg washer prep for RV.jpg (93.9 KB, 9 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
LargeCar

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply. However, if I put the vent in the suggested place it would blow hot humid air up my tushy when sitting it the dining room table. I suspect that hole is for a speaker in a more option equipped coach, the TV is just above that area.

But I thank you for your suggestion, it reinforces my hope of a possible solution to my issue. At least I know somebody is reading/responding to my question.

LargeCar
Old 06-08-2021, 05:25 PM   #5
Chuck v

LargeCar,

My apologies for not having a better understanding of the context of the image you provided. OK, so which wall in the image is the outside wall? There were no stickers on any surface noting where the vent should go? If the 'back' wall in the image where the outlet is located is the outside wall, perhaps a stud finder can be useful. If the RV's exterior skin is fiberglass, you might even be able to infer the location of framing members from that side...

Sorry I have not been very helpful, and hope you find a more knowledgeable set of comments from another member here that has your model vehicle... Best of luck in getting the installation completed to your satisfaction.

Chuck

Old 06-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #6
LargeCar

No apology needed Chuck, at least you answered. I guess I should have given more info in the first post. Yes the back wall, the one with the electric plug and piping is the exterior wall. Maybe I can find my stud finder and give that a try.

Thanks LargeCar
Old 06-11-2021, 12:24 PM   #7
LargeCar

For future use by those that want to put a washer/dryer in there Caribbean 35A. Clear and clean through the wall.

LargeCar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210611_115521.jpg (131.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #8
LargeCar

Why do my pictures rotate when uploading?
Old 06-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #9
Chuck v

LargeCar,

I suspect you are using an Apple phone or computer -- those often cause the rotation. I will fix it for you and attach below. Looks like a tidy enough job...did you use a stud finder to confirm there was no framing in your way?

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg washer prep for RV - dryer vent.jpg (288.4 KB, 5 views)

Old 06-11-2021, 01:58 PM   #10
LargeCar

I have what some people might call a mixed marriage, that is the wife has an iphone and I have an android. Yes I did use a stud finder and it showed no studs in any of the open areas of the wall. I chose to move the electric plug and go through that area because it will make a pretty straight shot for the vented air to escape. All in all a much easier job than I expected. Sorry about the inside trim square being crooked. I'm fused from coccyx to cervical so I don't bend at all and have difficulty when working in tight spots. Such is life.

LargeCar