Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-08-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
Immtnhigh

Default Electrical help/ideas

Hi!! I’m new to this forum. I have a 1994 GS Ultra 26’ and have some electrical issues.

I put new chassis and house batteries in and after about 3 days they were drained. I’m traveling from Boerne, TX and had planned on heading for the high country in AZ to get in the cool forest areas and boondock most of the summer. Long story short, found an RV repair place and he put in a new solenoid that fixed that problem but the batteries were still draining too quickly.

I have a friend who is a whiz at this stuff and went to where he was working/staying north of Yuma, AZ…ugh…HOT! He took one look at the mess of wires under the hood and got to work. 3 hours later, it looked brand new and clean and the batteries were looking good. Fired up the on-board generator to see if we could get some a/c going. It ran a few minutes then quit. Now I have no 110 at all. He tried everything he knew to do and said he thought we’d need to start pulling wall coverings and run wires. From doing this with horse trailers, I know that’s a major job and headache and especially in that heat. I told him no that I’d head to the high country and try to figure it out. The MH is running ok, just need to figure out the 110.

My question is, where would I find the location of the house fuse panel? My manual is kind of generic and says it’s on the DS near the floor. Not there. My friend tried and looked everywhere he thought to try and couldn’t find it either.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Heelllpp! I’m staying for a few days at a friend’s house in Phoenix so at least I’m in a/c and that’s wonderful. If I can’t get this figured out in a couple of days, going to head into the high country and keep working on it.

Thanks! I’m not a total novice. Been traveling for 3 1/2 years in other rigs. Bought this last October and it’s been a total mistake but Oh well, got to deal with it now. Thanks for any ideas, Linda and little dog, Belle.
Immtnhigh is offline   Reply With Quote