Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #1
Larry Moore

Default Spider cracks

I just wanted to give some positive feed back on Gulfstreams service. Once again I can say I have had a good experience with them. This past summer they fixed my stress cracked bedroom sidewall. Last month I found a series of spider cracks in the super slide. They just sent me an e-mail to the effect they will have the dealer fix it when we return to Mi. in May. Thank You Gulfstream
Larry Moore
Gulfstream Yellowstone 5th wheel
Larry Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Larry,

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!

It is good to read a positive about the service Gulf Stream Coach is providing to an owner and correcting a problem.

I was wondering, what is the year of your Yellowstone 5th wheel?

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Larry Moore

Ron
It's an 05.
What's going to be interesting is when we pull into our dealers with the rig and they have to figure out how to fix it with us living in it (we are fulltimers)
Larry
Old 11-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Moore
Ron
It's an 05.
What's going to be interesting is when we pull into our dealers with the rig and they have to figure out how to fix it with us living in it (we are fulltimers)
Larry
That will be interesting, but for some dealers they are equipped for that and should be since the number of fulltimers is growing.

When Gulf Stream Coach was heavy into factory service, they did paint/body work on our 2003 coach we used to have, they would pick our coach up daily at 7am and return it to us at 3pm at the factory campground. They repainted the front of the coach and repaired/painted the right front fender. It took three days, we stayed in the "day room" and visited the sites, flea markets in the area. Our Papapillon dog, Tobie, stayed right with us the whole time.

There was also a couple there that were fulltimers that had a 5th wheel and the factory techs would pick it up each morning and bring it back in the afternoon, they were there for 10 days getting service done.

Keep us updated on how things go at the dealers when you go in for the repairs, it will be interesting.

Ron
Old 11-11-2006, 08:15 AM   #5
Larry Moore

Ron
We had the stress crack fixed at the factory and that was exactly how they handled it. The dealer we purched from has been great to deal with, they are an RV dealer plus a Chevy dealer so they have a very well equipped body shop. They just have not had to deal much with fulltimers
Larry
Old 11-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Larry,

I am curious as why you can't take back to the factory for the new stress cracks repair?

I see that you have plenty of tow vehicle for your 5er.

Ron
Old 11-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
Larry Moore

They want the dealer to do it. I do not have a problem with that. They will have it done in their auto body shop and they do good work. We'll see about what they say about us staying in it.
We carry a lot of stuff plus we are double towing a Tracker behind the 5er
Larry