Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
tippleunduly

Default New Euro Touring Cruiser and factory tour

Hi, all !

New member here! I joined even before taking delivery of my GS coach.

We are excited about GS's new Euro Touring Cruiser. It's the 5272 floorplan, but with the very attractive euro-style interior of the Vista Mini Cruisers. The cabinets and walls are curved, exterior trunks have side hinged doors, solid countertops, euro plumbing and appliances, plus 2 new decent upholstery choices (for a change!). They also offer a 5272 version of the Vista Minis on a Ford diesel, retaining the 91" width as on the Mercedes diesel. Check GS's site.

Mine will be a WorkHorse 196" WB chassis, which is standard. We prefer it for ride, quiet, fuel economy, and cab floorspace.

I toured the GS BTC factory a few weeks ago. I was fortunate to have a private tour conducted by one of their new quality control leaders. I came away impressed, both by him and the operation. They even have a final QC check that pressurizes the coach from inside, then spray soapy water on exterior seams to seek out bubbles and leaks.

Downsizing after 35 years of class A motorhoming and looking forward to our new ETCruiser!
Bill
Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
omaziar

I guess this post shows that GS monitors this web site and uses it to shamelessly plug their products. It would seem a little more honest if the poster would identify their motives.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
tippleunduly

Wow! Flamed on my first post! Jeez! Where did THAT response come from?

I have no business connection with GS whatsoever. I confess only to being a little excited about finding a new coach that looks great and makes downsizing less painful. Do forgive me for my genuine excitement. I thought some of you GS owners might find my news of interest.

I like to be an informed buyer. On the same trip when I toured GS's factory, I also toured R-Vision and Four Winds. Every factory's tour had positive aspects and I would happily buy one of their coaches if they had a design that caught my eye the way the Euro Touring Cruiser does.

Thought this GS owner site would appreciate honest reaction to the tour and info on a new product, but may be wrong. Am I?
Bill
Old 04-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
RJ82much

Bill,

You are NOT wrong. We appreciate your opinion, your information, & your enthusiasm. I am glad you returned with a response so that we can have the chance to make it up to you.

Many of us have taken the factory tour. I took the Class A tour twice this past autumn, & came away a true convert to GS. I cannot understand how quality & design issues slip thru the cracks after seeing the extent the factory goes to provide a quality product.

My 1st tour guide was a chassis engineer, & 2nd represented something to do with interiors or structures. I really hoped for their Electrical Engineer, but wasn't so lucky. I was very impressed with the pressurization leak test. I met with the vice president of operations. He is a straight shooter, knowledgeable, honest, fellow RVer if there ever was one. He represents what we all hope GS stands for.

Oh, about the reason for being in Nappanee for the tour: Though it took a little prodding, when I finally caught factory attention, as opposed to dealer, I was treated superbly, & my problems were taken care of completely by the factory. I could not have dreamed of a better result.

I do NOT believe the factory is participating in our discussions; though they are very likely monitoring them. It is safe to assume that GS employees are forbidden from talking with us, even with anonymous identities. Remember, they took down their own forum for that very reason.

So Bill, welcome aboard, we are glad to have you. Please feel free to continue posting with the same enthusiasm as you've already displayed.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
earljan34

Bill, We do appreciate your opinion and information as Bob stated. And also a big and hearty welcome from little RI. Were are you located?

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
Old 04-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
omaziar

Maybe it's this?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 9,00.html/
]
Old 04-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaziar
I doubt if Bills excitement over his new coach should flag him as a Gulf Stream Shill.

Bill, welcome to the forum and let us know how that new coach is once you get it.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
tippleunduly

Gee, Omaziar, you really are stuck on the GS shill thing, aren't you? Shucks, I'm just a simple motorhomer from New Jersey who thought you all might be interested in a new introduction by your fave coach manufacturer. Please do me a favor and do not buy a Euro Touring Coach, too. That would really take the edge off my fun.

Thanks to Bob, Earl, Tim, and Cindy for the warm and trusting welcome. You seem to understand my excitement over finding just the right coach when faced with downsizing from 35 years of Class A'ing.

I will let you know (if it's OK with Mr. O) how it goes. This coach is so new that there are no interior photos on the web. We are waiting for those and some dinette dimensions to be sent to our dealer so we can make final option choices.

Peace,
Bill..... the Shill (lol)
Old 04-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #9
omaziar

No, let me explain how I came about my opinion, I searched all your postings on all the forums that came up with your signature and not a one was as florid as your decription of your new rv. Now understanding your happiness with your purchase, you at least could have used your own words to decribe your motorhome without qouting verbatim the GS website, or at least giving it credit.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
tippleunduly

Boy, Omaziar, now you claim I quoted the GS website!!? And so what if I accidentally did? In order to pass your muster do I have to paraphrase without reusing terms GS may have employed in their advertising?

And why, may I ask, did you feel compelled to do a search of any and all of my prior postings? You seem especially proud of that. Kinda wierd, pal.
Are you some sort of make-believe counterspy? ...or a self-appointed gatekeeper for this site, keeping obvious GS "shills" like me out, permitting in only those who have unsavory things to say about GS?

I'll give you this much..... you sure are taking fun out of this experience for me. Thanks a lot. Why don't you just drop it? Just admit you made a mistake and let it go.

I don't understand your motives........ I do, however, understand mine. They are simple and straightforward. I really like GulfStream's Euro Touring Cruiser and will purchase one! Think what you will.

Good night all and peace!
Bill (the shill)
Old 04-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #11
GStream40
Site Team

Bill,

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!!

We look forward to reading more of your purchase decision and more when you take delivery.

Many of us have posted our excitement and reasoning on our purchases and hope you will continue to do the same.

We are a friendly group here and welcome all Gulf Stream RV owners, present and future.

Ron
Old 04-17-2007, 07:04 AM   #12
omaziar

You have validated my opinions, I stand by my statements, good bye!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:17 AM   #13
phoebewienke

This exchange between Bill and Mr. O is unreal. If Mr. O is so totally opposed to Gulf Stream what is he doing on this forum? For crying out loud get a grip and let it go.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:04 AM   #14
RJ82much

The differences have been resolved between the members.

There are good experiences with GS (& MHs in general), and there are bad experiences. We do like to see both sides.

I'm assured there will be no personal attacks in the process of relating these experiences

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #15
geramas

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! am I embarased!

<<content removed by the administrator for flaming and name calling>>

:oops:
Old 04-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #16
gsadmin

I hope this thread is a one-of-a-kind occurrance. I am not going to delete so as to leave it up as an example of how a site can be self policing. I was hoping it would not start to really spin out of control but now that the last poster had taken it a new direction, i am locking the thread.

In terms of shilling and the like, I doubt highly that GS participates in this. That kind of online guerilla tactic requires a company that actually understands the online community and online marketing. I doubt the user that started this thread is a shill. If they are, they are very good and my hats off to GS for arriving to the internet age, finally!
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
Closed Thread