Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
nandj1966

Default FOURTH OF JULY PLANS

What is everyone doing for the 4th of July?
(Ya'll don't seem that chatty around here, but what's YOUR PLANS if you care to share.)

My DH & I are taking the Trail Master & heading to Wind Creek Campgrounds, Lake Martin (Alabama) to stay for almost a week. DH will have to take the TT middle of this week to TRY to get a spot and then we'll go Fri. nite. They have 600+ lots, but will only reserve 150. It's first come-first serve for all the rest. Isn't that ridiculous?!! It should be the other way around. So our TT will be on vacation longer than we will!

Anyway, my Daughter & family will be staying in a friend's motorhome - they have a lake spot already next to the beach. We plan to take our ski boat so the grandkids can have fun in the sun.

And on the 4th, the Russell Family (they own the Jersees factory) put on a fireworks spectacular that rivals Disneyworld! Really! It's a full hour of one show after another. There will be sooooo many people there at the outdoor amphi-theater, and in cars lining both sides of the highway, and on the lake itself -- you could walk from boat to boat without touching the water! Should be a fun time!
Thank you, Lord, for Blessing us with our GS!
nandj1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
robfogle

Send a message via MSN to robfogle

We're headed down to Lake Barkley, Kentucky. The a place called Prizer Point Marina and Campground. This will be a week of fun with boating, fishing and camping. This will be our third year going there. This year will be even better as we will have family members from all over meeting us there. Should be a fun time for all.

This will be our first time pulling our boat with our new Endura. Not looking forward to launching the boat with the MH but hopefully we wont have any problems.

SE Wisconsin

2007 Gulf Stream Endura 6340
1998 Bryant 196 Limited
robfogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
hyall

Not goin anywhere just staying home near the pool, BBQ lobsters and steaks for several people, since traffic is bad around during the holiday
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
nandj1966

Hey Rob! That place must be fun since it's your 3rd year going. And it's ALWAYS better camping with family or friends along. But now, lanching a boat with a MH?!?!! I'm not so sure I would want to try that!!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
robfogle

Send a message via MSN to robfogle

nandj1966,

Well if is too difficult I just wait until my brother in-law gets there and use his pickup. I do want to try as this will be our primary tow vehicle for the boat when we do any camping. I have heard that it easier that it would seem to be. I don't think that it would be that hard as long as you have enough room to maneuver. I'll report back and let everyone know how hard it was.

SE Wisconsin

2007 Gulf Stream Endura 6340
1998 Bryant 196 Limited
robfogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
nandj1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyall
Not goin anywhere just staying home near the pool, BBQ lobsters and steaks for several people, since traffic is bad around during the holiday
Hey hyall! That menu sound delish! And I know what you mean about the traffic -- that's why we're going this Fri. & not coming back until next Fri. AFTER the 4th. We'll cook at the campground, too -- NOT going to try to go to a restaurant - traffic will be there as well!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
ethomps1

Default 4th plans

Driving up about 3.5 hours north of Detroit to Mio on the 4th to spend a long weekend with friends. Camp for free on their property, tubing down the AuSable River and spending time making lies even more unbelievable.
ethomps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
coolchas11

We're home for the holiday! Just got back from a three day trip to familiarize ourselves with towing. We have a problem with the inverter, so the rig is back at Long View. While there they will fix the base of the shower door which fell off. Enjoy. Charlie
Old 06-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #9
coolchas11

We're home for the holiday! Just got back from a three day trip to familiarize ourselves with towing. We have a problem with the inverter, so the rig is back at Long View. While there they will fix the base of the shower door which fell off. Enjoy. Charlie