Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
wsearfoss

Default Hello I'm new

I guess I should have said hello and introduced myself before making the post about the frig door shelves.

We have camped for 15 years, the first 10 in a tent and the last 5 in a 2005 hybrid Palomino Stampeded 21SD. Buying the Gulf Breeze kind of happen unexpectedly. I took the Palomino in for maintenance and looked around for something with better sleeping arrangements for the kinds since they are now getting older. We stumbled on two Gulf stream GULF BREEZE 23TRS a 2006 and a 2007 but they were out our price range. Saturday when I picked up the Palomino my daughter and I looked at it while waiting for the bill to be wrong up and a sales woman asked if we were interested and to humor my daughter I said sure. She ran the numbers with trading in the HTT and they worked. We traded in the Palomino for the 2007 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze the dealer gave me a 90 day warrantee to seal the deal. (DW wife found water stains under the bed of the 2006 model)

Last Weekend was our fist trip in the new rig; it started out like a scene from the movie RV because we found that the grey and black holding tanks were half full. I am not sure why the dealer did not catch that. I wasn?t sure how I would feel about having hard sides on the bunk-end instead of cloth or tenting. Camping to me involves fabric between me and the sky. However, I slept like a log and woke up refreshed so the hard slide is a plus. With out fabric I guess we are now RV-ers. We figured out where to put about 80% of the stuff from the old unit, the configuration of the space is similar but different. DW and kids claim it?s more comfortable. Compared to the HTT set up was easy, DW pushing the slide button & folded the couch and for me unrolling the awning and putting the legs under the dinette table The Gulf Stream is about 700+ lbs heavier than the Palomino empty but our Dodge Hemi didn?t complain. The awning is 4 feet longer and worked better. A downer would be that the sewer drain is lower and under the rig a little farther. Some humor would be that for 5 years we used leftover blankets, towels, tablecloths etc in the Palomino. The beginning of this season DW bought all new to match the green interior of the Palomino. The new Gulf Breeze has a red interior and exterior trim. I knew she should have waited for a sale LOL.

I read in the ?hall of Shame? the nightmares with the 2006 model;

I would really like to hear from the owners of the 2007 model about the quality they found
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear
wsearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote