Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #1

Default problems with new 05 btc 5210

I bought a new 05 btc5210 and had the followingproblems. shortley after taking delivery I had a terrible loud knocking over the cab every time i went over rough roads. Problem: the bolts holding the cab over were to long and the cabinetry holding the 24 "tv would strike the bolts (5 of those buggers) on rough terrain. Problem 2:this is a real feat of engineering: the battery compartment for the house battery had a side arm welded to the frame that prevents checking the water levels in the battery without taking it out thru the bottom of the rack, no small chore to be sure. How to sove: prob 1 removed tv, bored 4 in holes in tv floor over bolt heads and sawed them off ( located with mirror) and measure.. just shortened the bolts that were way to high for the installation.. eliminated problem immediatley.. Prob 2 used a sawzall to cut the strap iron bar that blocked the battery, moved it to the fron tof the rack, rewelded it to the exsting frame and also put a solid bottom in the battery box, spot welding it also.. whole job 43.00 and now i can remove the battery without any effort... also replaced valve stems with the solid brass variety from california... best move I made this yr make airing the tires near effortless... robert 435
Old 07-23-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
RJ82much

Isn't it amazing to think that these kind of repairs & modifications have to be done on brand new units? A loose hinge or missing screw is understandable, but cutting off bolts, re-welding brackets could be considered "priceless".

I'll bet the drivers from the delivery firms could tell some real horror tales, eh? Just imagine their mental state after driving a brand-new unit from Indiana to say, California - again, "priceless". The world's most dangerous profession?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote