Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-08-2005, 05:22 AM   #1
PETEY1

Default Sunvoyager SE water tank size problem

If you own a 2005 Sunvoyager SE you should check your water tank size. On my model it is only 26 gallons instead of the 50 gallons shown in the brochure. The grey & black tanks were also made smaller of course gulfsteam never told the dealers or fixed their brochure. Gulfstream finally admitted their problem but so far they are unwilling to solve the problem. I have seen bigger water tanks on pop-up trailers.
PETEY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

I saw your post and wondered if my tanks were the correct size. Well, they are not. I was only able to put 40 gallons in the grey and 40 gallons in the black.
These are new tanks and started empty. I filled up 5 gallon buckets and poured them in and wrote down how many gallons I put in after each bucket. On the grey tank when I got 15 gallons in it showed full. On the black tank when I got to 20 gallons it said full. So my sensors need to be adjusted and or new tanks put in. The tanks are suppose to be 75 gallons each. I have no way of testing the fresh water tank but it does seem to take a long time to fill, I really hope that one is the right size.
I talked to my dealer and they are going to look at the tanks and see if it is possible to replace them with the larger tanks, pending a check with Gulf Stream.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
RJ82much

Good analysis. Keep us posted what GS decides to do. I'd be willing to put down hard earned vacation money that they won't do squat.

All along, I've been secretly thinking the wife wasn't conserving water while washing dishes. I blink & the grey tank light indicates it is full.

..and yet when you dump, it's empty in a flash. Who would've thought the manufacturer couldn't/wouldn't tell you the real capacity of the tanks they've installed? Another of those trade secrets to throw off the competition, I surmise.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
TSoul

I have a feeling that I am going to get stuck with the tanks I have. This would not make me happy. I am willing to give my dealer a fair chance of taking care of this. At this point I am just waiting and seeing.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
gsadmin

<insert fine print>
This brochure is for illustrative purposes only. Changes in features and specifications can change without notice. Your motorhome may vary from what is shown and described here.

The world of motorhomes is far different from the world of automobiles when it comes to marketing disclosure and representation. Not long ago, when Ford claimed (in their literature) that their Mustang Cobra had something like 250HP and it turned out to be far below that, Ford was taken to the woodshed and forced to give huge modifications or credit back to owners.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
TSoul

ya that stinks. We will see how it pans out I ain't holdin my breath.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
oubruceb

Default water tank size

I checked the water tank on my 2003 Prairie Schooner and found instead of 60 gallons it held 32. My dealer confirmed my results with a 5 gallon bucket. I called GS and they told me the water heater held 10 more, that was close. It was quit evident they had no intentions of fixing what I considered their error on the brochure. It does state that the specs could change. The one saving grace is that the plate in my cabinet says the freshwater supply holds 60 gallons plus the 10 gallon hoy water tank. That tag is official size and weights is not part of any brochure and may be something to take to an attorney. I dry camp several times a year and water capacity is important to me and one of the reasons I bought this trailer new. I feel GS should cover my costs for a new tank and installation.
oubruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
gsadmin

Good luck on that.

Also, they may not have been able (or will be able) to put in the 60 gallon tank since that extra 28 gallons would ammount to over 200+ more pounds of weight on the chassis and will affect loading and CCC.

A perfect parallel to situations like this is something I read recently about airlines having errors in the fare listings for certain flights. Some airlines, like delta, fell back on their fine print as a way out. Others like Al Italia honored quite a few $8.62 trans-atlantic reservations simply because it was "their error"...and, I'm sure they were savvy marketers and knew the positive press that would result from such an action would be well worth the $20-40K in lost fares. This kind of pragmatic business thinking is waht separates good companies from great ones!
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote