Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
delajo

Default Bedroom Lights inop

Have a 2005 Gulf Stream Vogager SE, the two lights above the head of the bed are no longer working! One of the lights burned out and without thinking I grab a light bulb, but it was single poled and not double pole. That was not cool, the other light went out and since then niether light has worked. I have looked for a blown fuse (at the foot of the bed, outside compartment under and behind the driver seat, and under the hood on the driver side). Without an electrical diagram; not sure if there is another fuse box located somewhere else! Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, how did you get them to work again?
delajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
03heritagerider

Default Re: Bedroom Lights inop

You've checked everything I can think of. Perhaps the switch is bad, but I doubt that. There either has to be a fuse or breaker you've missed or have not found...or...
There is one long shot...on a previous coach that we owned, we had a couple switches and plugs that would not work. I checked everything as you did. I stumbled on the solution...the GFCI button on the outlet at the bath room sink had popped. Unknowingly, this GFC plug controlled several other items.

Like I said, Loooong shot!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
delajo

AGGGH! It so happens that it was a fuse! There was a cloth shoe carrier thing attached to the foot of the bed that when across the entire length of the bed frame when I brought this RV. Well this thing was hanging low enough to just show the main circuit breaker box and the upper fuse box to the right of it. So my assumption was that was all the fuses I had there, after all why would somone cover up something that one may need to get to at sometime? But lucky for me it got tangle up with the circuit breaker cover and I ended up removing it in order to take another look at the circuit breakers and much to my surprise there was another fuse box under this cover. Sure enough there was fuses inside and appropriately labeled to include the one for the bedroom lights. Thanks for your suggestion though and I wrote this just to let you know the situation has been resolved and hopefully if this happens to someone else they will think about looking behind something that may be hiding a fuse box.
delajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
03heritagerider

Not that's funny! Only because I've been there and done that. Couldn't figure why I had no 12v power when plugged into shore power. It only worked if I ran the generator or the engine.

Looked everywhere, and thanks to someone on this forum, discovered that one of the cables on the house batteries was off. DUH!

Thanks for the update!