Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
WillsBreeze

Default Dealer Service

This is my first post, I have been lurking for a while reading up on all the good information.

I have a few questions I would like to ask, I purchased my first camper in late June and me and the wife where so excited to pick it up. To make a long story short, we took it on a trip to Maine and had some issues that had to be fixed. We thought that it would be no big deal because they where factory issues and the dealer we purchased it from has 60 work bays and told us that repairs rairly took more than a week. What a scam that ended up being, as of today we still don't have the fifth wheel back. When the dealer was making the repairs they decided to drill thru the exterior wall as well as a few other things.

Is this the way it is for everyone?
Is this how the dealers treat everyone?
It seems from the conversation I had from Gulf Stream that because the damage was done by the dealer, they won't fix it even if I take it there, so I am stuck waiting for the dealer to make it right. Is this what everyone goes thru?

Sorry to have so many questions on my first post, but we are just so tired of fighting with the dealer, and waiting on getting it back, I just figured maybe someone else had some advice they could give.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Will
WillsBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Will,

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!

Well, It is sad but there are many dealers just like the one you have found. Where we purchased our present coach they are the same way. Almost any thing we took it in for it was six weeks before we saw it again, or until I would BLOW up. Once the wife talked to Gulf Stream and they contacted the dealer and it was ready in two days, how about that? The dealer had it for three weeks before the wife got involved along with Gulf Stream. That was Sirpilla RV in Akron, Ohio........

There is a good dealer in PA. It is Martinsburg RV in Martinsburg, PA. Purchased our first GS from them, wish we would have purchased our present from them. They have great sales and service, one of the best.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

I second the martinsburgrv opinion. They are great. I stay with the coach and they fix it. I have had to spend two nights in the parking lot while the worked on it and both nights they hooked me up with electric and cable. I also could pick up there wifi with my lap top. The have a resteraunt on the premises that has great food at a good price. I look forward to my next service apointment to see the guys there and to eat at the Gulf Stream Cafe. I make an apiontment and tell them I will wait on it then they fix it and I go home. If you call ahead they will order the needed parts and have them ready to do your repair. Great guys.

By the way welcome to the forum and I hope you have a good time here.

Happy Camping
Old 11-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
WillsBreeze

Thank you both for the information, this site has some really good information for beginners like us.

I really wish we lived closer to Martinsburg, because we would go there. It just really bums us out that we purchased this camper at the end of June, had it for three weeks and they have had it since.

I try to call them every other day, to check on it's status, but I get the run around each and every time. I even threatened getting an attorney involved last week and still nothing. I have talked to several people and they all said that most things take 3-4 weeks, that would be great in my case, we are talking months. I even ask about what I should do about getting it winterized and they told me not to worry, they would put it inside until the work is done. We are so concerned that they will need the space at some point and put it outside, and then we will have even bigger problems.

If you have any ideas about how we can get it back, please let me know,

Will
WillsBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
ray and margaret

Default Martinsburg RV

Let me please join in with kudos for the management and service department at Martinsburg RV, where we picked up our new 5er last week. These folks cannot do enough to assist you with anything. I realize that is a long way to go. In fact, there are no Gulf Stream dealers in North Carolina and we had to drive from Raleigh, NC to Bedford, Va. just to look at a Prairie Schooner. We ended up buying ours in Martinsburg, PA because of the great deal we got. Not only that, but they drove all the way to Raleigh and towed our 25' Fleetwood Mallard travel trailer back to Pennsylvania at no expense to us. They offered to deliver the 5er to us but we wanted to go up there and spend the weekend in it at the dealership. I cannot say enough good about the folks at Martinsburg RV.

Max and Xena are our two traveling cats
ray and margaret is offline   Reply With Quote