Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-10-2024, 03:43 PM   #1
thesaylors2004

Default Solar hook up

Good afternoon it's been a while since I've posted. I have a quick question. We have a 2022 236RL it is solar ready is what we were told. So what do we need to get it hooked up beside the panels? There is a plug on the side for solar. Just have never had any dealings with it.
thesaylors2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:33 AM   #2
charliedelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaylors2004 View Post
Good afternoon it's been a while since I've posted. I have a quick question. We have a 2022 236RL it is solar ready is what we were told. So what do we need to get it hooked up beside the panels? There is a plug on the side for solar. Just have never had any dealings with it.
Our 19ERD was 'solar ready' but there was no charge controller in the path. So if your solar panels are like ours and do not a have built in solar charge controller, you will need to install one. Some newer solar panels, especially the portable ones, now have the charge a controller built in

Chuck
charliedelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 03:19 PM   #3
Just two

If you want to run any 120 volt appliances then you will need an inverter. There are inverters built into the solar generators. A lot of campers are using these for the power sources. Might be worth taking a look.
Just two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:22 AM   #4
jannickz

This is a vital component that regulates the electricity coming from your solar panels. It protects your batteries from overcharging and ensures they receive the correct voltage. Choose a controller with a capacity that matches your total solar panel wattage.
jannickz is offline   Reply With Quote