Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
CarrieL

Default Cracked frame on Fifth wheel

Well I cant say I was happy when my brand new 2009 Enduramax ended up with a cracked frame. It went back to the factory for repairs and I was told its now better than ever. I was also given an extended 1 year bumper to bumper warranty. I dont have it back yet (I live in Michigan and lost my storage spot-its been in repair since September of 2009) but I will keep you posted when I get it back on the road and get to use it.

When dealing directly with the factory phone calls and emails were answered, it just took them a few days to reply.
CarrieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
TUPFAM

Glad to hear that GS is taking care of you. I needed some warranty work on my TT and was given very good service by my dealer and GS.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
sadmax40

Default Re: Cracked frame on Fifth wheel

I had the same issue with my 2009 Endura Max Wide open 40.
Selling dealer repaired. $ 9,000 in invoices.
ABSOLUTELY NO HELP FROM LIPPERT OR GULFSTREAM.
This on a trailer which has not 1/2 worn out the original tires, been pulled exclusively on pavement.
My trailer had to have the floor in the bedroom removed and all structural members replaced and properly welded as well as gussetted.
The original material was obviously too thin (3/16") and the gussets far too small, made of guage sheet metal and not fully welded.
Generally, weld quality was extremely poor, with poor fusion, no welds on loaded side of frame members, and on and on.
GULFSTREAM AND LIPPERT SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS FOR ALOWwING SUCH A POOR PRODUCT TO BE ALLOWED ON THE ROAD.
Had I not caught this, the entire front of the frame would have failed.
Rest assured I intend to travel to as many RV shows as possible, park my unit in the parking lot and display the photos of the failure for any and all PROSPECTIVE GULFSTREAM, ENDURA MAX owners as possible.

Hey Gulfsteam or Endura Max: Feel free to call me. 780 916-1618.
I would LOVE to give you the opportunity to do ther right thing. Again. Since you blew off your first opportunity to warranty a poorly constructed frame.
sadmax40 is offline   Reply With Quote