Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
Randy Williams

Default 238rk coaxial diagram

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the coax for the 238rk? I'm not sure mine is working properly, but would like to trouble shoot it myself before returning to dealer.
Randy Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
swbeaver

Default Coax wiring

Randy, before you go tearing into it, check to see if you have amplifier on one of the outlets that came wired with the unit. If you have one of the cable outlets that has a power button on it and an LED, although some of these outlets are hardwired into the 12VDC electrical system. I have found that you likely will not locate an actual wiring diagram of the particular unit has some modifications are made on the fly during production and most wiring techs have their own way of wiring sometimes. Fortunately for me I worked in the high end AV world for 10 years and have some special tools/equipment for finding issues like you may have. A little more detail on what you are experiencing and a description of what equipment you have installed may help narrow things down for you.
swbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
Randy Williams

We were camping at a park near Brunswick Ga., so should have had tv reception there but didn't, with or without the amplifier turned on. the park had cable and the camper has a cable hookup on the front and back of the camper, only the one one the front worked. I can't check for tv reception at home because we are too remote. only thing i have hooked up is one smart tv, and the radio that came in the camper, the cable going to the radio from the antenna had a nick in it and after repairing that i got several more radio stations to come in.
Randy Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbeaver View Post
Randy, before you go tearing into it, check to see if you have amplifier on one of the outlets that came wired with the unit. If you have one of the cable outlets that has a power button on it and an LED, although some of these outlets are hardwired into the 12VDC electrical system. I have found that you likely will not locate an actual wiring diagram of the particular unit has some modifications are made on the fly during production and most wiring techs have their own way of wiring sometimes. Fortunately for me I worked in the high end AV world for 10 years and have some special tools/equipment for finding issues like you may have. A little more detail on what you are experiencing and a description of what equipment you have installed may help narrow things down for you.
AMP power turned off and needed ON is a common problem, but also on my 1999, my amp 12v socket blown out by using air compressor, and also found coax cable ends were not crimped on, just pushed on; one wire not even attached? Tracking wires easy by shorting device end (amp off) and testing from other end w/ ohmmeter.