Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-07-2021, 02:50 PM   #1
bob berndt

Question no power to water heater

I have a 1998 friendship 40' gulfstream. I do not have power to the water heater and can not find a fuse. What is the source of power for it. It h,as gas and 120 volt
bob berndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
Chuck v

Bob,

On my coach (a later 2007 model) the water heater switch was an unmarked residential looking toggle light switch and red indicator lamp on a single plate and mounted in the same hall cabinet as the tank level indicators... I have heard of this switch being in a sink cabinet on some gas engined coaches.

I have no specific suggestions where you might find yours, and of course there may be a circuit breaker for this 110 volt circuit as well so check for that also.

For the electronic ignition gas system for the water heater, there should be a switch and small LED indicator in the area where your 12 volt auxiliary water pump control is located. There may also be a small rocker switch on the heater itself to turn off the gas ignition there.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:47 PM   #3
bob berndt

Thanks I will check them out
bob berndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
Sundancer268

On my 95 Scenic Cruiser, the Water heater power seems to come from the panel on my range hood, when it quit working, I lost my water pump and heater level sensors and vent fan. I replaced the fuse in 2009 so I am not sure if it was in my Battery Control Center or the Fuse Panel/Circuit Breaker Panel on my Bed Platform. At least, it gives you two places to look.
Air Force One Brake System
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
Boze33

Hi.
On our 2001 Yellowstone bus there are a few places to check. By the sink you should see a residential looking light switch and the toggle is red plastic. Flick that up/down to see if it illuminates. Next check the water heater itself as mine has an on/off switch on it. But make sure you look for the breaker first... our panel is under the bed and the water heater is on it's own circuit.
Boze33 is offline   Reply With Quote