Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-20-2021, 10:38 PM   #1
AJFishin

Default (SOLVED) Slide out broke, no replacment rely, need some help!

SOLVED..........
After trouble shooting from my batteries to testing the relays, the last place I looked was under the slider in the storage compartment behind the driverside.
When I firsted looked under there I just did a visual inspection and didn't see anything that didn't look abnormal.
But the second time I took a look, I wiggled the wires to check all there connections and I found a loose almost disconnected wire that was not properly crimped in the heat shrink crimper that almost slipped out.
So I got out my wire cutters and cut the wires clean, striped the wires, then used my crimper and put on a new heat shrink crimp on and sealed it up with my heat gun.
Once that was all done I tested it out and my slider and it worked perfctly! I zipped tied everything up and called it day.

Hope this helps someone out if they experince something similar....

Today I went to move the slide out, out on my 2003 Gulf Stream 5230 I was greeted with a buzzing sound when I pressed the control switch, see video link below.

https://vimeo.com/648189219

I first checked my battery with my multimeter and it was showing 12.9. Just to make sure I connected to shore power and and I got the same buzzer results.

At first I thought it was the little square relay and replaced it, ended up getting the same results with the buzzing sound.

After listing to it again I noticed it was coming from the other larger relay, unfortunatley it's the DN13819 which has been discontinued and no where online to buy.

So I have no idea what to do to fix this so I can use my silde out again. I can only assume there's a replacment part that I can buy that will connect the same way or another option for a fix, since I'm sure I'm not the first and RV mechanics must have a solution for this.

I’m also wondering if there is something that is preventing the room to slide out, like a switch or something? It’s just strange it’s been working fine for last almost 2 months every other weekend and then all of a sudden it’s not???

Any suggestions?

Also where everything is located is extremely tight to where I can only reach in arms length to get to the parts. Is there a secret hatch that I’m not seeing? I didn’t see any door below the dinette seats and nothing from underneath. How the hell does someone service these slide outs?
I’m also trying to figure out if mine is electric or hydraulic?
This is the best picture I have as of now of under my slide out.
AJFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

The CUBE RELAYS on many hydraulic slides are NC contacts (=Normally Closed), that energize when IGN=ON and OPEN contacts to disable function; = engine must be off.

My (hydraulic slide) ELECTRIC SOLENOIDS (control power to pump, 1 per slide) were sticking engaged and would stay energized after releasing rocker switch, kicking the breaker by the battery. OEM SOLENOIDS were $40-$60/each (EBAY), but I just bought $8/each (Amazon) that looked similar, and with very slight mods, have worked fine for 3yrs now. If you have hydraulic, you will most likely find a pump w/ fluid reservoir in an outside compartment? EITHER hydraulic or gear/motor requires good, fully charged batteries to operate properly. Otherwise, shoot pics of whatever you can inside/out and maybe you can identify and download owner and service manuals from recliner? Good Luck
Old 12-05-2021, 02:09 PM   #3
THenne1713

NOT sure WHAT PIC is supposed to be showing, but I do see a loose screw (that slide might hit?) and an Inline FUSE HOLDER seen behind flashlight?
Old 12-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #4
THenne1713

OK, after looking at your VIMEO, NOT sure what that is, but maybe if you can get more/ better pictures????? Kinda resembles a battery manager, but could be slide controller, or a simple solenoid?