Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
5230 Newbie

Question 2003 BT 5230 house battery compartment wiring questions

Good afternoon all,

A quick bit about me, I'm a total newbie to RV ownership. I just picked up a 2003 5230 unit from auction. She's a recovered theft and I'm hoping to bring her back to life.

I'm hoping to find someone on here that also owns a 2003 5230 and would be willing to take some very specific photos of their unit for me. The thieves took some switches and components and cut some wires. If I had a good factory example to look at I would be able to get a whole lot done. As you all know, the schematics seem to pretty much be non-existent.

Here's what I'm trying to find to start with:

1. Pictures of the house battery compartment. I have several wires in mine and the 3 waterproof breakers. Would like to see how it should look with a battery and all the wires hooked to the battery.
2. Pictures from under the RV to see the back side of the house battery compartment. I need to see how the wiring is hooked to those 3 breakers. All of mine are unhooked and/or missing.
3. Picture of the 2 switches above the driver's seat in the headliner. Mine are both missing. I know one should be for the slide out, but not sure what the other one will operate.
4. Picture of the drivers door panel where the power mirror and heat switches are. Mine is completely missing.

I know that's a load. lol And I am more than happy to hook someone up with a gift card or something for their assistance. Or if anyone has a 5230 in the Tulsa area I'll come look at it in person.

Be safe everyone!!
5230 Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
RRB

Default Wiring

The 5230 is the 24 foot model right? Is so I’ll shoot some pictures tomorrow.
RRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
5230 Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRB View Post
The 5230 is the 24 foot model right? Is so I’ll shoot some pictures tomorrow.
Thank you RRB! Yes, I believe it is. The brochure reads 23'9". It has 1 slide out on the driver's side. The house battery compartment is directly under the slide out and behind the driver's chassis door. I'm going to try to upload a pic of my compartment for reference. Thank you in advance!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2382.jpg (168.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2624.JPG (226.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
RRB

Mine is a 2004. Let me know if you need more pictures. Ok not sure how to attach pictures.
RRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:20 PM   #5
5230 Newbie

Click on "Post Reply" button, then in the reply window click on the paper clip to attach from your device. See attached to this reply. You could possibly IM them, but I haven't used that feature yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Attach.JPG (92.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-17-2020, 09:24 AM   #6
Burt_2004

We have a new to us 2004 5230b that we bought earlier this summer. Its currently in storage, but I popped by yesterday and remembered seeing your switch question so I snapped this (looking up as if you were in the drivers seat). Emergency Start can start the engine battery from the house batteries if by chance dead. I'm going to be back at it later this week if there are other pictures I can help with - let me know.

(Looks like it flipped 90 degrees to the left. Original image here: https://imgur.com/a/UCnBpj6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7009.jpg (251.6 KB, 8 views)
Burt_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:53 PM   #7
5230 Newbie

Thank you Burt! That looks like it is probably identical to what mine should be. And from some earlier discussion with RRB, I thought it was probably the case. Definitely nice to see it in place!

I could use some detailed pics of the house battery compartment. RRB's is configured quite a bit differently from mine, so I'm curious if yours is more like mine. See attached image for what mine looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2382.jpg (168.6 KB, 7 views)

Tags
5230, house, schematic, switches, wiring