Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-16-2022, 10:27 AM   #1
centexcon

Default Electrical issue

I recently purchased a 2008 Gulfstream sun Voyager motorhome. I have an electrical issue that I am stumped on. In the outer compartment under the driver seat where all the electrical connections are there is a small fuse block that some of the dash components that are labeled that are not working. The dash a/c and leveling jacks keyboard being the main ones. All of the fuses and relays under the hood are good. Any ideas??
centexcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:23 PM   #2
Bike Dr

Strangely enough there's also another fuse panel where my chassis switch is at the rear that also operates some things on the coaches chassis side with more relays and such! Just a thought and I still have a compartment up front like you mentioned in your post, and I am referring to my class a for lack of knowing how yours could be configured..

Do your slides work? My pump runs the slides and leveling Jack's.
And I also have more 12v fuses inside in the bedroom in the rear panel.
These are just suggestions so I hope I give some ideas
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:37 PM   #3
centexcon

Thanks for the help. The slides work just fine it’s the controller panel on the dashboard and the dash AC that are giving me trouble. I’m just trying to eliminate the obvious. I am not experienced at working on motor coaches. It has been difficult for me to find someone that is not months out with an appointment to work on it just trying to do a little DIY to see if I could get lucky. I’ve tested the fuses and the relays under the hood ,at the fuse panel under the steering wheel and the fuse block under the driver seat also have put in new power converter and checked everything out that I can possibly find
centexcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 04:41 PM   #4
Bike Dr

Ok did the a/c and leveling panel have power and all work fine before you changed the converter? But my first thought is that it's just 12v supply from the chassis side for the dash a/c. And test the blower motor it may be the issue or does it blow just not get cold?

But how your leveling gets power could very, I do have an in line fuse in my leveling system behind my dash and mine is an 05 setup and not automatic, with yours being an 08 it may be auto and configured different.
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:16 AM   #5
bmojmhs

Does your problem disappear when you run the engine?

I just went through something similar and discovered it was one of my battery connections. My hydraulic pump would't operate properly and the jack panel would turn on but would go off when I tried to raise the jacks. If I ran the engine everything worked. So I figured I had a battery problem.

I have interstate house batteries which drive the hydraulic pump. The batteries have typical + / - post but have a stud beside it. The stud and post are manufactured as one piece. The battery cable connections are to the stud, not the post. While trying to figure out my problem, I was checking the battery voltage using the posts, not the studs. The voltage always appeared correct. I decided I would charge the batteries, so, I disconnected one of the batteries and lo and behold, the stud was loose. It actually came out in my hand. It was acting like a bad ground and the battery bank was not providing enough voltage. It cost me $5.00 for a part to fix it. Once fixed everything worked and still works.

So, check your batteries, their water level, voltage, and connections.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 12:07 PM   #6
bmojmhs

Another thing to look for are breakers. I have several of them located in my fuse block area and under my engine hood. I have a gasser so yours may be different.

The breakers are not like a house breaker. What you are looking for is a small (3" x 3") (?) black box with a red rectangular button in the middle. When they trip a small lever will fall out the bottom. To reset, just push the lever back in.

I would reset them all to see if it makes a difference. You could do one at a time to find which one affects your issue. Then you'll know for the next time.

That info cost me $100 to have a tech come out and show me what the breaker and a tripped breaker looked like. Dummy me.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 02:41 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Some owners reported a loose fuse on the controller circuit board itself being the problem, but I am unsure which brand/model.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:36 PM   #8
Laserhealall

If someone did not connect and reconnect the batteries in the proper order, it can wreak havoc. Turn the ignition key on and then off 3 times.
Laserhealall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 06:08 AM   #9
Firecapt176

Default Electrical issue

Do you have 12v to the fuse panel outside in compartment? I had similar problem and it turned out to be one of the relays that looks like starter relays in that compartment. Swapped relay with correct type and it now works.
Firecapt176 is offline   Reply With Quote