Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-26-2022, 06:37 PM   #1
Shepsue

Default 2010 innsbruck 26rls

I've finally got my camper set up, but I can't get hot water heater to come on. When I turn the switch on inside, I can hear a pop every min like its trying to heat up. The red light does not come on. I also don't know how to tell if its electric or propane. Help! ��
Shepsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:05 PM   #2
RY469

Turn on the propane, make sure it's feeding your appliances without a lot of air. Easiest way is to check your stove, good blue flame preferred (orange = air). Turn on your water heater with the outside door open. Go out and watch if you have good flame in the tube. Should light with spark from the igniter (little control module, you'll see red igniter wire going to burner). It will try at least three times. If not, the gas tube feeding the burner (tube between the gas valve and main burner tube) commonly gets clogged up (spider web, bugs, rust, etc). With the age of your unit, you could have a gas only heater. Do you have two switches inside? One for gas, one for electric? If you have electric you'll see Romex wire running to the back of your water heater, a plastic junction box where a relay and the electric heating element can be found. You may also have a small black switch outside on the water heater, lower left, near the gas valve, that controls the electric. Hope this helps a little.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:17 AM   #3
Shepsue

Thank you. My cousin came and cleaned out the piping and coupling and now we have hot water! This is a new experience for us. Permanently living in the camper with 2 dogs will be interesting to say vhf the least! I'm trying to downsize, and its hard.. have a great day!��
Shepsue is offline   Reply With Quote