Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
bbaluski

Default My BT Home

Hi From NC. We have had our BT 5230 for many years. I love all the windows. Every time I think I should go to a Class A I can't find one with as comfy a setup. Been all around the country California to Florida, NJ to TX. I am a travel nurse so this has been my home when away. Camp with my husband and two big dogs and some times a cat. Love my new national park pass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41673898_1882625481858884_2722053403512406016_n.jpg (48.9 KB, 11 views)
bbaluski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

BT Cruisers are like a kept secret. I've often had people check my 5211 out, or ask about it, and I've let several people go inside and check it out. Many comments on the big windows!

I always think I'm going to "upgrade", but I've yet to find anything that would actually be better for me.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
bbaluski

Leisure Time Larry. Your little rig is great. I like all the shelves and racks you've added. Maximized on space. Gave me some good ideas.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #4
Sprinterguy

Default About to purchase a new BTouring Cruiser

After owning a 31 ft Winnebago Outlook for 13 years, I've decided to get a slightly smaller C-Class and like the floor plan of the 5255. I had lots of issues with the Winnebago, am I going to have the same with the BT?

Reading reviews online somewhat scares a buyer, but I realize only folks who are unhappy tend to post on those sites. Could I get any feedback from owners of BTouring Cruisers as to your satisfaction and things to look for when making my final walk through.

I hope to be an active poster so help me make my final decision.

Dave
Sprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:52 AM   #5
KRoseVideo

We have had our 2004 BT5211 BT Cruiser for 3-1/2 years and have traveled across the USA from Main and Carolinas to Washington State and San Diego multiple times. A great vehicle once we added the Spare Tire on the rear Trailer mount (from e-Trailer). Not sure why they did not include a spare under the chassis, but perhaps it made more room for our huge Black and Gray water tanks.
Our 21 foot length is great for boon-docking and, after we added the second house battery (Actually two 6 volt golf cart batteries in Series) we have had enough power for our needs.
Perhaps the main issues we had were with the electrical system that had no meaningful wiring diagrams. Lots of Trial and Error, but we got it resolved.
The construction is really heavy duty and the Oak Wood is really hard. Try drilling a hole in it. We removed the TV from the front TV compartment and hung a Quilt over the opening so that we can store our bedding materials up there. We hung a flat panel TV/Video Disc player on the top of the opening via those hard to drill holes I mentioned earlier.
Our unit had two opposed sofa's and no Slides so there was not so much space between for the long table. We removed the table and replaced with two of the folding tables for the same amount of space but much light weight and flexibility to use only 1 table most of the time.
We originally were looking to buy a MB Sprinter Camper but now we would not even consider the Sprinter as it is not nearly as functional for us as our BET Cruiser. And the Cost for our 2004 BT Cruiser was between 10% and 20% of the available MB's. We get consistently 10 MPG so we can buy a lot of gas for the difference in cost of the vehicles.
KRoseVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #6
bbaluski

Default Welcome.

KRoseVideo Welcome. Got to love the BT but hate the owner manual. Had the same problem trying to get exact schematics. Did you put solar on your BT?
Betty Baluski
Old 08-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #7
KRoseVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaluski View Post
KRoseVideo Welcome. Got to love the BT but hate the owner manual. Had the same problem trying to get exact schematics. Did you put solar on your BT?
Betty Baluski
I bought 2 solar panels over a year ago, but I have never installed them on our RV due to limited roof space. I have now purchased a new TV Antenna that does not get raised/lowered. This frees up some "Real Estate" on my roof so that I can install the solar panels after I install the antenna which I am planning to do.

Since we drive our BT-5211 every day, we charge up our house batteries while driving. We also have a Generator to charge up the house batteries. So, except for me wanting a new toy, I really didn't need the solar panels.
KRoseVideo is offline   Reply With Quote