Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
Dennis1554

Default Seat Rotation

I have a 2006 GS Friendship G7 and have a lot to learn. I thought the pilot and co-pilot seats were supposed to rotate to use them as seating for the living area. Well I have tried but cannot figure out the trick. The co-pilot seat rotates part way before it is blocked and the pilot seat hardly moves at all. The side walls and seat belts seem to make it impossible. What am I missing?
Dennis1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
Sudsy

Default Seat Swivel

Hello;

Here's a picture of my seats. If they are like this I have had to adjust the cable under the seats a couple of times so it cqn properly unlatch the swivel joint. If you look under the seat it will be self explanatory. Hope this helps.

Sudsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GSinterior (10).jpg (198.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #3
Chuck v

I no longer have my 2007 Tour Master, but as I recall the driver's seat will rotate counter clockwise (with the front of the seat cushion passing close to the wall...) if the seat is first moved to the full rearward position. Be sure to tilt the steering wheel fully up before you do this.

The co-pilot seat will rotate if it is moved fully forward so the back clears the curb side wall, and be sure the seat back is in its most vertical position. After a 180 rotation you can recline as desired, but when I was living aboard, I kept that seat rotated 90 degrees (back toward the wall...) to make getting up and down the step from the door a bit more roomy.

You do have to route both seat belt shoulder straps around the back of the seats when you do the rotations.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
I no longer have my 2007 Tour Master, but as I recall the driver's seat will rotate counter clockwise (with the front of the seat cushion passing close to the wall...) if the seat is first moved to the full rearward position. Be sure to tilt the steering wheel fully up before you do this.

The co-pilot seat will rotate if it is moved fully forward so the back clears the curb side wall, and be sure the seat back is in its most vertical position. After a 180 rotation you can recline as desired, but when I was living aboard, I kept that seat rotated 90 degrees (back toward the wall...) to make getting up and down the step from the door a bit more roomy.

You do have to route both seat belt shoulder straps around the back of the seats when you do the rotations.

Chuck

I agree but if the seat is not hitting something and just seems to lock again the cables probably need to be adjusted. (shortened). My entry door is in the middle of the curb side and this changes the co-pilot seat position a bit.

Sudsy
Old 02-10-2019, 09:27 PM   #5
Dennis1554

Nice Sudsy!
Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #6
Dennis1554

Thanks for the help! The seats release okay, I just haven’t found the key to getting them to clear the side walls. I really have a lot to learn! We are on our first real trip with “The Beast” right now. Spending a night in a Walmart campground. On to Iverness, FL in the morning! Thanks again!
Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #7
gwirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1554 View Post
I have a 2006 GS Friendship G7 and have a lot to learn. I thought the pilot and co-pilot seats were supposed to rotate to use them as seating for the living area. Well I have tried but cannot figure out the trick. The co-pilot seat rotates part way before it is blocked and the pilot seat hardly moves at all. The side walls and seat belts seem to make it impossible. What am I missing?
You need to use the forward and backward seat adjustment when rotating the seats. If the passenger seat is all the way back, it will hit the wall when you try to rotate. Move it forward, then rotate. After it is in place, you can move it back. Same thing with drivers seat, except lower it all the way before rotating.
gwirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #8
RayChez1

Mine are electric and you have to move the seat either forward or backwards to clear the wall or slide or what ever it is hitting. Then once you clear from lets say the wall, pull on the lever to rotate the seat. You can also pull on the side the lever to tilt the back of the seat forward to give you clearance.

Good luck!
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #9
MrT

I think the key is tipping the back forward.
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #10
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT View Post
I think the key is tipping the back forward.

And then when you do finally figure it out try to remember how you did it!!!

Sudsy
Old 02-21-2019, 08:34 AM   #11
Dennis4809

Run the seat all the way forward. Tilt the back forward a little. Should rotate.

I do mine every time we stop as I have placed the tv to the rear of the dining area.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:54 PM   #12
Dennis1554

Update: We finally figured it out!! Could not have done it without your help! Thank you! Now that we have done it, it’s not difficult at all!