Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-19-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
Billie/Jack

Question leveling system

2003 Sun Voyager, has Dewald leveling system. Does anyone know who might have parts and/or knowledge of this system. Any info would be appreciated.
Billie/Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:11 PM   #2
Sudsy

Here's a manual. Covers several.

https://support.lci1.com/dewald-leveling-system

I think Lippert owns them now. Seems to me there was a complete motor/manifold and valve set on here for sale.

Sudsy
Old 04-19-2020, 11:19 PM   #3
Billie/Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Here's a manual. Covers several.

https://support.lci1.com/dewald-leveling-system

I think Lippert owns them now. Seems to me there was a complete motor/manifold and valve set on here for sale.

Sudsy
yes, Lippert now,, they don’t have parts. Where would i find parts for sale on here?
Old 04-20-2020, 08:58 AM   #4
Billie/Jack

Where would I look for “parts” for sale on this site? According to the manual, I probably need a pressure switch and stem valve, if not the whole unit.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:43 PM   #5
NancyS

I have a GS Independence which had a Dewald system in it. It would not level and when I tried to level it, the main room pushout would move out a little. Only the bedroom pushout worked properly. I fiddled with/troubleshoot/replaced various parts of the pump manifold assy for over a year. There was a combination of problems, all of which led to no fix. I still am not sure that the replacement parts were suitable replacement. LCI does not admit to having any parts. However, LCI does have a replacement pump/manifold assy and a control for same. Frustration set in, so I had a shop get one and install it. LCI does not sell directly to the general public, only to dealers, so you have to go through a shop. I now press a button and it self levels. Ha, back in business!
NancyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #6
Billie/Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyS View Post
I have a GS Independence which had a Dewald system in it. It would not level and when I tried to level it, the main room pushout would move out a little. Only the bedroom pushout worked properly. I fiddled with/troubleshoot/replaced various parts of the pump manifold assy for over a year. There was a combination of problems, all of which led to no fix. I still am not sure that the replacement parts were suitable replacement. LCI does not admit to having any parts. However, LCI does have a replacement pump/manifold assy and a control for same. Frustration set in, so I had a shop get one and install it. LCI does not sell directly to the general public, only to dealers, so you have to go through a shop. I now press a button and it self levels. Ha, back in business!

Thanks for info, we called Lippert and they do not have any parts for Dewald system, have cantacted several RV salvage companies with no luck. Kind of stuck now.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
Billie/Jack

Default 2003 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager motorhome

Have not been able to locate any parts for Dewald Hydraulic Leveling System.
Seems Lippert owns them now, and has no parts available. Have tried several RV salvage companies to no avail. Does anyone have Any experience with how to handle this situation? Like where to get parts, or has anyone had the whole system replaced? Appreciate any info. Thanks
Old 05-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #8
NancyS

Yes, LCI doesn't have parts and doesn't want to support any of the Dewald systems. They would rather sell their own system. I found a shop that got one (LCI system) for me. It has 2 ports for pushouts and 4 ports for jacks. It also has a controller and a control panel, which also includes the wiring harness. I bought one, about 1700 for the pump and manifold assy and 1000 for fhe control system. They would not sell it directly to me, so I had the shop get it and do the install and checkout. I also had the room pushout and 4 jacks rebuilt, which the shop and removed and reinstalled for me. Push a button and it self levels.
NancyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #9
Billie/Jack

haven't found a shop yet , will continue quest , or have to replace with different system. Can you give the name and location of the shop you used? Thanks for info.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:59 AM   #10
Frutza

If you have figured out it's a pressure switch, you have some diagnostic ability. Why not try a generic psi switch,?
Old 05-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #11
Billie/Jack

decided it will have more failures, so probably should replace whole unit, if I can locate one.

Tags
class a, leveling system, motorhome