Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
musicmanron

Default Replacing Cargo Doors on 2007 Independence

I need to replace 2 cargo doors on a 2007 Independence (MS 8295). I've contacted Gulfstream and they have to have them made by a separate contractor. I have to go through a dealer in my area to order them. With having to do all this everybody needs to make money and the price is ridiculous! I've checked rv salvage yards across the country and haven't found any doors. I've inquired to have them fabricated locally and they still want $700-$1000 dollars apiece! Does anyone have any other ideas, recommendations, or has had to deal with this? Please let me know.
musicmanron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
Sudsy

Where are you? I just had two doors replaced and painted to match.

Sudsy
Old 10-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
musicmanron

I'm in Longmont, Colorado. How much were they and where did you get them done at? Maybe they would ship them? Have to see if it would be worth it after talking with them.. The two doors I need are on the drivers side right in front of the left rear tire. One of them is 46" X 16" and the other one is 26 1/4" X 16. Salvage yard in Missouri called me back but all they had were some off of 2006 diesel and were 23" high rather than 16". The hinges are still good and usable on my doors. Just need the doors.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
Sudsy

I am in Maryland. I had the repairs done at a place in King George, Va. He fabricated the doors. I think it was about $3400 total. I have full body paint and he nailed it. Affordable RV. That job would require the coach to be onsite for measurement and assembly.

Sudsy
Old 10-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #5
musicmanron

Did you get this done recently? I will have to call them and see if they will make the doors if I send them the old ones. Ours is also painted. I would get them painted here and then reinstall them.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
Kartimel

I am looking at the same model you have. I see 2 versions of it with different names, but look to be identical. Do you still have yours, and do/did you have a good experience with it? We are new to Class A rigs coming from an Airstream TT.
Kartimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:27 PM   #7
Nataflood

Where did you order your doors from. I have a 2006 sun voyager, forgot to put door down and messed it up and I need one quick!
Nataflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:48 PM   #8
musicmanron

I never did find anybody who would fabricate them to what I felt was a reasonable price. I ended up finding some salvage doors at Visone RV Salvage in Kentucky. They were still $1500. Half the price of anybody wanting to fabricate them. Had them shipped to our house. They had to have some minor work done to them and then painted. Was still a hefty price total I thought. Half the price of new doors being made, painted, and installed. This was a couple of years ago now. With the RV business booming prices have went up even more now. Good Luck