Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
Rvfamily

Default Replacing rotten flooring question

Hi all, I'm replacing some rotted flooring in the middle of my RV in front of the kitchen and slide area. When I removed the flooring I see the support beams are like a 1 X 2 made of metal. It's weird to me the flooring is only glued on without any screws. It's about a 6 foot by 6 foot section I'm replacing so can I glue and put screws through the wood into the metal supports? I wasn't sure if there are wires or hoses in the cavity of these beams. Has anyone done this before? Thanks Ron
Rvfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:56 PM   #2
MAJWayne88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvfamily View Post
Hi all, I'm replacing some rotted flooring in the middle of my RV in front of the kitchen and slide area. When I removed the flooring I see the support beams are like a 1 X 2 made of metal. It's weird to me the flooring is only glued on without any screws. It's about a 6 foot by 6 foot section I'm replacing so can I glue and put screws through the wood into the metal supports? I wasn't sure if there are wires or hoses in the cavity of these beams. Has anyone done this before? Thanks Ron
Yes sir, I just recently replaced the flooring in my 36 foot, Class A. There were places I had to add cross beams (1x2 rectangular metal) and replaced all 8ft x 16ft midsection of sub-floor and flooring. It turned out pretty nice, but now is the fun part of putting it all back together. I did not use glue, however, I did screw it down with self-tapping screws (#10, 2 inch). Hope this helps!
MAJWayne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:27 PM   #3
pwerwagn

I had to replace part of the floor in my 6316 a while back. I screwed thru the tubing with no issues. I replaced the wood, and then I coated that whole section of the floor with fiberglass resin to somewhat waterproof it.
pwerwagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
Rvfamily

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info, sorry for late response have had a lot going on lately. I did screw through the metal supports to secure the wood without any problems like you said. After it was done I wish I had supported it better like Majwayne did but it turned out good.
Rvfamily is offline   Reply With Quote