Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-02-2021, 07:28 PM   #1
richtlcsales

Default Need advice, lost all 12v power to dash also bedroom TV replacement.

I have a 2006 Golfstream Tourmaster MPVT 40. The rear bedroom TV is a Jenson 20" JE2043 DC12v. Does any one know of a 12V TV that would fit into the 24" x 15" swinging frame door.

Also we were replacing the carpet and while disconnecting the passenger power seat, the power wire hit the frame of the chair and shorted out the 12v system. There is full power from the batteries but no lights will turn on with the key. All 12v power is gone from the dash.

Where do I start my power search?

Thanks Rich
richtlcsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:39 AM   #2
Chuck v

Rich,

Which floor plan coach do you have (I don't recognize the "MPVT 40" nomenclature...the 2006 and 2007 models were the T40A, T40B, T40C, T40D and T36.)

You can look at the attached brochure excerpt to match your floor plan to those listed to help us use the same nomenclature when describing your coach.

I did a replacement bedroom TV in my 2007 Tour Master T40C and that thread is here:
https://www.gsowners.com/forums/show...hlight=upgrade

Look at post #10 in the thread...

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2007TourMasterBrochure part 2.pdf (1.58 MB, 3 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:53 PM   #3
Philmont man

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtlcsales View Post
I have a 2006 Golfstream Tourmaster MPVT 40. The rear bedroom TV is a Jenson 20" JE2043 DC12v. Does any one know of a 12V TV that would fit into the 24" x 15" swinging frame door.

Also we were replacing the carpet and while disconnecting the passenger power seat, the power wire hit the frame of the chair and shorted out the 12v system. There is full power from the batteries but no lights will turn on with the key. All 12v power is gone from the dash.

Where do I start my power search?

Thanks Rich
I have a 2006 Sun Voyager and there are over load relays that trip when something shorts out. They are located in the compartment on the drivers side behind the front tire. First of second bin. You will probably find one of them tripped.
Philmont man is offline   Reply With Quote