Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream Owners | Community Forums > Forum Help | Announcements | News
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-04-2023, 04:59 PM   #1
1SG hawkins

Default Dewald leveling jacks failure

2002 Gulf Stream Sun, Voyager have two front jacks that have failure and lippert has no rebuild kits or replacement jacks. Getting told I need to change the whole system. For a motorhome that’s 22 years old. Rv is in amazing shape and everything works perfect. Anyone have a line of a rebuild shop or parts for the stock jacks p/n 12581. Thanks
1SG hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:54 AM   #2
RC Cook

I have a 2007 Gulf Stream Conquest. I have not had any problems with the actual jacks (other than a broken fitting caused by a rock). Are you sure it's the jacks and not another part of the system? If so, I have heard you can take the jacks to a hydraulic repair shop (such as a tractor repair facility) and they can rebuild them. I would definitely try that first before replacing the entire system! If you have luck with getting them rebuilt, please post a reply.
RC Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 08:48 PM   #3
Boze33

Hi 1st Sg,
If you happen to be in central Florida area I can give you a guy's contact info that just pulled all 4 of my Dewald jacks, sent them to be rebuilt and then reinstalled at what I thought was a great price.
2001 Gulfstream YSB 8407 pusher
Let me know
[email protected]
Bill
Boze33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 09:43 PM   #4
NancyS

Default Jack rebuilt

i have a 2002 GS Independence with the Dewald hydraulic system for the 4 jacks and 2 push-outs installed. I had all 4 jacks rebuilt at a shop where companies bring their hydraulic rams for repair/rebuild. 2 of mine were leaking by and not staying up or down. i wasn't going to get just 2 rebuilt, so i had all 4 rebuilt. I found replacement jacks for about the same price, as rebuilt, but the mounting hole pattern was different and the steel was very tough. So it would have been very difficult to re-drill the mounting hole pattern. I had the ram for the main room push out rebuilt also. It was still working but, I could hear it leaking by. Problems solved, but it was about 290$ each. Also note; the Dewald hydraulic pump assembly is not supported any more by anybody. I couldn't find solenoids that didn't leak and worked properly. LSI has a replacement assembly that is a good replacement for the Dewald. It came with a self leveling feature too.
NancyS is offline   Reply With Quote