Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-17-2021, 07:24 AM   #1
RayHarkness

Default Oil Pressure Gauge acting up , Scenic cruiser

We have a 2002 GS Scenic Cruiser, Cummins ISC 350, Freightliner chassis. We love the coach... I have developed an issue with the oil pressure gauge. The gauge when started fresh, would Peg at around 8 on a clock face. I can shut off the coach restart it, and the hand pegs at 12 o clock. NO alarms. I was told by somebody that there is an alarm in the alarm panel top of dashboard. The gauge is just secondary...... Has anybody has problems with this? Was thinking about replacing the gauge, I hate the thought of finding the sender unit on the engine....!!! thoughts? Engine runs good, oil level is up to top.............. R
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
racerpro

Default Oil Pressure

If you have check that the oil pressure is actually good then I would replace the sending unit. Not difficult at all but a mechanic should be able to replace in 30 mins or less.
racerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
RayHarkness

I ordered the gauge. it was really funky. Start up, would be low...turn off Cummins, and restart, it would jump up. It would also flutter some. So, I will start there...I know the sender isn't bad, but I can't get up in there anymore! I got up in there once, and couldn't get out!!!! but I did................
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #4
Mike1931

I changed to running both a electric and manual Guages at the same time. The flutter in the electric was scary! Now the mechanical reads higher, and gives me some resolve.
2004 Endura by Gulfstream
Duramax and Allison
Normally 9.2 mph towing at any speed up hill or flat.
Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:39 PM   #5
RayChez1

Hello Ray had not heard from you in a long time. Reading about your oil gauge and since you know I have the twin to your coach except mine is a Cat engine, but one day about a year ago the gauge just stopped working, but the engine would start. Naturally I turned the engine off right away. I called Caterpillar and they told me that my Cat engine would not even start if there was no oil pressure designed to protect the engine. So they told me to replace the ignition switch that it was the problem. Went to Napa bought the ignition switch and sure enough that was the problem. You might have the same problem with the ignition switch going out.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote