Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2023, 07:48 AM   #21
MV213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just two View Post
The bottom and back cushion sections are connected to the jackknife mechanism by 1/2” nuts. The mechanism is anchored to the wood frame by a couple of screws, ours had four each side. After that the plywood cover is held down by several screw around the perimeter. When we opened ours we found the water pump, water tank and had access to much plumbing & electrical on the drive side. Our 5210 had the dinette we have removed that. Our plan is to add twin beds.
Appreciate the info!
MV213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:42 PM   #22
Just two

Took out the over head cabinets today, both sides. The old ones measure 12 x 12. Planning on increasing them to 15 x 15. A little more overhead storage will be nice. I also want the doors to expose a larger opening. My wife wants the doors to open on the vertical plain. Hinges on the side. Six 12 inch doors should work.
Also installed liquid tight from the power panel to the wall on the door side of the refrigerator cabinet. That will carry the cables from the line power and the hybrid inverter.
The pictures shows removing the refrigerator roof vent added 2 glands for the solar panels. Should be able to get 800 watts up there. 3 - 200 watts and 2 - 100 watt panels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0465.jpg (176.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0447.jpg (173.3 KB, 1 views)
Just two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:47 PM   #23
Just two

I would like to add a thermostat controlled fan in the roof patch from removing the refrigerator. Anyone know of a nice one?
Old 12-03-2023, 07:38 PM   #24
MV213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just two View Post
I would like to add a thermostat controlled fan in the roof patch from removing the refrigerator. Anyone know of a nice one?
I guess it depends on how big of an opening you have. If you have a 14x14 opening there are many on Amazon, including Maxxair and Fan-tastic. If you don’t have a standard opening, not sure what you can do.
MV213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:46 PM   #25
Just two

Default Small Vent

I was thinking about repurposing a smaller one like the one pictured. Not necessarily solar powered but 12 volt. Switch it with a thermostat, when it gets over the set temperature it turns on. I opened the wall just right of the entrance, this is where I mounted my hybrid inverter. The fan will vent that as well as the refrigerator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0479.jpg (151.6 KB, 0 views)