Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
crane

Default black mold under wood floor

I have a 2004 gulf stream sun Voyager 36ft with a wood floor in the kitchen area. The floor started to bubble up, when i pulled up the floor i found alot of black mold on the sub floor in a patten the matches the steel beams that support the sub floor, somehow the moisture is coming through the black under liner and getting into the wood. Has anyone else had the same problem? I have cleand the mold but want to prevent it from coming back any ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0629[1].JPG (197.7 KB, 1152 views)
crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: black mold under wood floor

I believe there is some stuff manufactured by Concrobium that will eliminate mold. According to what I have read they use it on houses with mold problems. It probably would work for you. Check it out on bing.

Be very careful working around mold, it could be dangerous if you inhale those spores. Wear a respirator or something to protect yourself.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
LogansPapa

Default Re: black mold under wood floor

First of all Black Mold can kill you, all materials with it on them needs to be cut out and removed. You need to completely cover your body in Tyvek jump suit, wear oganic respirator, cover your eyes with goggles. This is nothing to mess around with if you don't know what your doing. You need a complete mold remeadation of your RV not only the area you see but all of it because of mold spores, after you opened up the floor they went all over your RV. I had major mold in my attic after storm damage and took a course in mold remediation, my attic would have cost $12,000 to do if I paid someone. There is a product you can get to spray on the mold called Shockwave it's about $45.00 per gallon, 2 oz makes a gallon. and there is a paint to encapuslate the mold if need. But the best thing to do if remove it all. You can use a pump sprayer to spray a light mist over all surfaces in your RV and mold will not grow were you have sprayed shockwave you have to buy it online. The paint cost $350.00 for 5 gal. you have to be a contractor to buy it. You get mold spores in your eyes, nose, mouth, skin it can make you deadly sick and black mold can kill you. I had major lung problems for 8 months just being near it before I knew how to handle it. Good luck... Get a professional to come out and look at it and give you and estimate on it then you'll know what they would do and what it will cost it's not cheap, might check with your insurance company to see if they will cover it.
LogansPapa is offline   Reply With Quote