Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-23-2020, 07:47 AM   #1
hossross

Default Basement lights ie Trunk lights master switch

I have a 2006 BT Cruiser model 5250. The "trunk lights" have a master switch inside the door as well as a "porch light" (are also 2 other switches in one switch plate on this model, electric steps and ceiling lights) My cargo box lights will only come on if the porch lights are on, the trunk light switch seems to make no difference on or off with the porch light on or off.

The current functions is porch light on, I can turn on each cargo box light with a manual switch if the porch light is "on" the porch light off will act as a master switch. The trunk light master switch seems to make no difference, I have checked and there is a set of wires going attached to the master trunk light switch. The switch works as I tested that with my ohm meter. The other observation is both wires to the truck switch are disconnected form the switch, they have 12 V and also both sides of the fuse socket have 12 V when I pull the fuse out. The fuse is good. The trunk circuit seems to be back fed as I have power to both sides of fuse socket and to the wires going to the switch.

Im not sure of the intended function of the trunk switch, it makes sense to have them wired through the porch light so they can only come on when that is on, but then I would have to manually turn off each cargo light (6 of them) to not have come on any time I use the porch light. And conversely have to have the porch light on to power any cargo box light . I could make a case that the trunk light master switch and the porch light both must be on to use the cargo lights, but would have to think about the circuit to do that.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:24 PM   #2
Michigan Scott

Sounds like someone had issues with wiring for them and ran cargo lights to porch light switch. Mine only come on with cargo switch and porch light only lights
Porch light and a light on my interior steps. Might have to do some tracing if you want it to work factory orginal. Also my porch light has a switch on it outside so I can leave switch inside on (light on stairs stays on) and switch porch light off.
Michigan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement light, cargo light, trunk light