Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-23-2021, 10:34 PM   #1
bdeluca

Default 2001 Yellowstone Winterize

Hello all, new to the site. I just bought my first class A. I need some help winterizing it. The unit has a manabloc manifold. How do you winterize this unit? I can not find a suction line on the water pump to suck up the antifreeze. Any idea what I am missing here? Thanks in advance.
bdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:20 AM   #2
Chuck v

I did not use antifreeze, but rather blew out all the lines to empty them.

First you have to drain all the water from the local fresh tank. Turn off the water heater. Then run the DC pump until no water comes out of the kitchen hot faucet. Use low pressure air (around 35 psi) and open the lower drain lines and keep all the fixtures closed except the sink faucet -- use an adapter there to add the air. Blow out both the cold and the hot paths sequentially at the kitchen faucet.

Once all water comes out that can, then open all the fixtures to allow drain back into the empty lines and follow that with closing them all but the kitchen faucet and repeating the air purge. If you are a compulsive person, do a third cycle...and visit each fixture with the pressurized air. Don't forget the washing machine if you have one...

The toilet can be drained by flushing, and of course drain the black and grey tanks.

When you put the coach back in service you will not have any antifreeze to flush out and deal with!

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:34 PM   #3
bdeluca

Thanks. I have to use antifreeze where I live. But I did blow out the lines with air and also used the antifreeze.
bdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote