Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-05-2022, 11:43 AM   #1
RevFugly

Default What to look at for

Hello from Colorado! We are considering a 2003 Atrium 8410 and would like some insight on reliability issues and areas of concern to investigate thoroughly before purchase...TIA!
RevFugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:56 PM   #2
Bike Dr

We love ours!! If it's used with any coach! Check for leaks!! Then rust, then go down the line testing and checking all items, I will gladly help you in any way I can. But the atrium is a very nice coach as a whole, well constructed and ours has been very dependable, I have heard that people complain about it being to hot in the summer with all the windows and cold in the winter! Our heat and ac keeps up just fine..it's a 41'4" coach withe the c7 cat with 3 slides gives you tons of room and tons of basement storage, I hope the atrium is for you! If you get it I can show you a lot of things we did to make life nicer all around. I only say this because we have this model and I am familiar with the unit to help if you get it and want to make upgrades, the pics I have posted are with the mirrors relocated, I did have to have where the old mirrors were filled and painted! I did NOT like those mirrors! Just my opinion, good luck please let me know what you decide..
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
RevFugly

Will do! Of course, you don't stay married as long as I have without knowing the final decision is above my pay grade! We do have an inspection checklist to work off of, but there is no equal to experience. I appreciate the feedback, and we will be out and about the 49 states very soon, so I hope to see ya! We have owned and still own class A motorhomes, but we have always called them "our camper"...since our house burned down in March, we decided now is the time to hit the open road and live what time we have left!
RevFugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:06 PM   #4
Bike Dr

Hey I'm very sorry about your house, unfortunately we have been through the same when I was younger and we lost everything. But keep your head up and make life better. We are not married but 25+ yrs is close enough for us. And you can call your ride anything you want my friend. I was corrected at one point but I'm not snooty, I mentioned rv and was told I have a coach, then I mentioned the storage compartments and was I informed they are basements, well okay then. Apparently it matters to some you will find. But enjoy it all the same, the atrium is a roomy rv with an awsome view if you want one if not pull the shade for complete privacy. Oh and I hope the misses approves! Take her in it and she will be very pleased. We are just finishing up small upgrades until the weather breaks and we are out!! Hope to see ya out there heading to Tennessee in May I think.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:37 AM   #5
tmac

Default Electrical Wiring Diagrams/Drawings

We have a 2001 Class A Friendship with 2 slides on a Spartan chassis. Very nice overall. Have a couple of electrical issues that are problematic. No electrical nor manufacturer support are available to assist so it would be wise to consider that.
tmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:11 AM   #6
Eddndee

We have a cute little GS gasser with the atrium slide. We love it. It’s seems to be a very easy and reliable coach. Of course the big brother 8410 is in a class of its own. I am sure you will enjoy it. BTW, we are not fond of the mirrors either but have yet to remove them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9CFD3235-0CAC-4391-9018-932969647FCE.jpg (212.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-13-2022, 01:27 PM   #7
Bike Dr

Hello all!! Hey nice picture of the slide! Yes we do have the 8410 and we do love it, but by the look of what I see it may be a smaller slide but looks to be just as nice of view as ours, it's not about size but needs and functionality,, keep sending pics we enjoy ideas and like to help as well if we can! Happy camping and we will check back soon!! And still waiting to hear if revfugly got his rv?????!!!! Don't keep me in suspense good luck eitherway
Old 02-13-2022, 09:21 PM   #8
Eddndee

Yes, it is smaller. Our little GS is only 31 ft but the atrium makes it feel so much more spacious. You will enjoy the 8410, have fun.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:20 PM   #9
atrium8411

Default Researched 200+ Coaches - Bought Atrium 8411

The Atrium

This was Gulfstream cuttings it's best foot forward.

We have the show model we drooled over the fully decked 8411.

Had it now since Jan 1, 2014, ours is the 2004, had 16,000 mi when we bought it, only one engine issue, sat too long and gummed up a sensor, $150 part.

I hate the generator location and no drawer, also the inaccessible engine.

That said, total maintenance costs over 7+ years under $1000, no other coach can match.

I get 8+ mpg, and most smaller rigs get no better.

Maintain it, love it and it will love you and take care of your family. We have been full time in it for the whole 7+ years.

Highly recommend, yes, ask me anything.

Aloha,
Ambassador Rodgers, A.G. Ret.
[email protected]
atrium8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:41 PM   #10
Bike Dr

Yes I do have to agree the gen doesn't slide, and the engine compartment is tight! But those being the only real cons in my opinion also, we have the 05 model and I did have to upgrade all the entertainment, First just the tvs.that didn't really do the trick, So I pulled ethernet, digital optical, and hdmi throughout the coach and upgraded the tvs to smart and new surround system! Now that its all complete,what a wonderful world.. like you mentioned do your maintenance and these coaches will keep you happy, and we plan on keeping it many more years! Oh and upgrading all the lights to led inside and out! Really make her look sweet all the way around and very little draw on the batteries.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:30 AM   #11
atrium8411

Default Sounds good

Sounds like you've done a lot to upgrade your rig I didn't really get into the upgrades but when I have time I will of course've replaced almost everything with LED they have external LEDs I took the spotlight gave me a little trouble so I replaced it with a laser entertainment light we have a eight system computer network throughout the coach because we were working traveling but I haven't yet done the upgrade on the interior I'm hoping to do that this summer pretty much rip everything out and upgrade you know she still been lived in still has I've just turned over 30,000 miles but again I I can say there's no better coach I've heard so many problems with all my friends and acquaintances with their coaches it's just I feel sad for them are only emergency with Costas nothing ended up so anyway on the getting hot we use the silver insulation cut it to fit to the windows and slap it in takes care of getting too hot or too cold beyond that I'm kind of busy with taking care of my wife right now so you have to actually ask a question Aloha to all the atrium owners
atrium8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:10 PM   #12
Bike Dr

Wow my friend!! 30k is no miles on that 03 pusher, Lol you need to get out there and run the ol girl, we are at almost 69k on an 05 and only one issue, the turbo needed to be replaced, atleast that was accessible in the engine compartment, if you do your upgrade my advice is think ahead and make sure you pull all you want at once so you don't have to say later, I wish I had done that!! Now we have all the options of antenna, cable, wifi or dvd.to me satellite was not something we wanted or really needed so didnt go with that..Hope all is well with the misses, you mentioned taking care of her. Your a good man!!