Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-15-2022, 09:47 AM   #1
jjbaker121

Question 279BH city water

hello friends I have a 2019 ameri-lite 279BH TT, I have owned it for just over a year. We stayed 6 mo at a campground on city water/sewer and zero issues. we recently moved to property. the property has well water. we had our external water filter connected and have always changed it and put new ones on regularly. when we first moved there water pressure was no issue. however after about 2 months the pressure started dropping. we thought was our filter changed to brand new filter still weak pressure. we even removed the filter and connected with out a filter and still weak pressure. the pressure in the concrete house there is wonderful it is not the system. I am wondering if there a any filters inside the TT that we may not have found yet? we are still learning things on this TT. we recently found out the outdoor kitchen drains into the black tank not the grey tank. so maybe something I am missing?
please help
Thank you in advance
jjbaker121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:09 AM   #2
NavyLCDR

It is recommended that you use a real, adjustable, water pressure regulator at the spigot:
Capture1a.jpg

That would also tell you what pressure you have available.

There may be a filter in your trailer. Normally the filter will be on the outlet of the water pump just after the city water connection taps in. It would be water pump - tee for the city water connection - then water filter if there is one.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:36 AM   #3
jjbaker121

Talking

ok we had originally just got a regulator, then we got one with the gauge on it. so we need an adjustable one?
Old 08-15-2022, 12:35 PM   #4
jjbaker121

Thank you so much. I did some YouTube videos on the adjustable. Definitely going to get this now!!!
Thank you so much
Old 08-15-2022, 05:28 PM   #5
NavyLCDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbaker121 View Post
ok we had originally just got a regulator, then we got one with the gauge on it. so we need an adjustable one?
If you have a gauge on your regulator what does it say the pressure going into the trailer is with the water running?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 03:29 PM   #6
Life on the fishing pier

You may not have a pressure problem but a volume problem. You you are seeing low volume at the faucets, take the end of the faucet out and check for debris. If you have a pressure regulator with a gauge, check the gauge while water is flowing. If the flow is low put the gauge still shows good pressure the restriction in in the camper. Low gauge pressure with low flow is a supply issue. I've had mine for a year not and still getting debris in the ends of the faucets. Construction debris is still showing up.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:16 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Pull faucet SCREEN on end of kitchen/ bath faucet and then check flow? May need to clean screens, or soak in vinegar to remove calcium. Also check screen at inlet to filter and at inlet to RV?

Tags
water filter, water pressure