Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2021, 05:49 AM   #1
RVJeeper18

Default Newbie Endura 6340 Questions

Just picked up a 2005 Endura 6340 with the Duramax Diesel - Looking for some general info and advice. Traded up out of a newer regular Coachmen class c so know enough to be dangerous but lots of differences to the Endura.

Any links to existing how to/tech threads? Any other online forums with good specific info on Endura? You Tube - any trick to finding specific info on Endura? My search skills are lacking but haven't found much..

Black Tank Dump Procedure - How do you properly flush the black tank? Is there a Black Tank Flush water hose hookup or do you just have to run hose inside and use tank sprayer wand thru toilet? If not any way to DIY one?

General House Wiring - To start need to install a new rearview camera and some 12V power outlets & Lights. Where is the main wire run to the back located - ceiling, through/under cabinets, walls? Under compartment lights wiring access through bottom of compartment? Ceiling lights and speakers wire runs?

Cab Upgrades - Any General Cab upgrades recommended?
Dash or center console? The tiny center console wont do - need significantly more drink holders, storage, etc. Any good aftermarket options or upgrade OEM components I could try to locate?

General Cab Wiring - Dash Removal videos or instructions? Best place to tap into for power? Where are accessible Firewall penetrations to engine compartment? Any unused factory wiring harness plugs to utilize?

Roof maintenance? I have heard to re-seal the seams - how often and what sealer/caulk?

Trailer Towing - Anything quirky about trailer towing with this rig? Assume it will pull better than the old gasser...

Any info for this newbie greatly appreciated.
RVJeeper18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #2
Mike1931

I have a 2004 6340 with 65,000 miles on it. So you know there are many 6340 owners on here. I think you’ll have better luck asking a direct question about each issue one OT a time.
When it comes to your black tank, yep the only way is to drag the hose inside, buy a good sideways spray wand and flush a way. Most black tank issues are the same as your trailer experiences; mounding “not using enough water when flushing. I’m one of the lucky ones whom have a dump station at home.
Note: they do make 3”clear dump hose connectors with a garden hose spray hook up.. waste of money…
Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
35 miles northwest of Seattle
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:09 PM   #3
Brianbaldy

Default 2007 6340

I found the generator/ power switch with with all the main power wiring under the bottom drawer on the front side cabine/closet next to the TV in the bedroom.
Brianbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:28 PM   #4
Bmoe

Mike
I also have a 6340. To flus the be tank I affixed a spinner sprayer through the curbside end of the tank. I cut off the end of the sprayer to fit in the shallow space m. I get decent flushing by connecting fresh water to the inlet via the hose included in the kit (Amazon). It comes with mounting plate. Rv silicone seals well. Better than the down- the -toilet and far less trouble. When you succeed in locating camera feed post that info. Thanks
Bmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #5
RVJeeper18

Thanks for the black tank info. I am going to take Mike’s advice and start separate topics. The first one will be about water leaks around slides we just found……
RVJeeper18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:09 PM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

<<General House Wiring - To start need to install a new rearview camera and some 12V power outlets & Lights. Where is the main wire run to the back located - ceiling, through/under cabinets, walls? Under compartment lights wiring access through bottom of compartment? Ceiling lights and speakers wire runs?>>

First determine if existing camera is wired/ wireless? Then if existing cable compatible w/ your planned camera, or adapters available? If going wireless, easiest to just tap running lights for camera, then light switch controls camera power. To ADD interior lights or 12vdc outlets, first make sure incandescent converted to LED, then TAP existing light wiring, prewired/ prefused and plety f capacity for additional after conversion. HOPE this helps and LUCK to ya.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:02 AM   #7
Tered0712

Default Endura 6340

I have a 2005 6340 also. (GM Vortec 8.2 Gas)
When traveling and staying at a camp ground or wherever, after dumping the Black tank I fill through the toilet about four gallons of hot water and a generous amount of new deodorizer. I allow this to slush around during the trip home. (also if anyone has to use during the trip) I then empty the black tank into a 5 gallon bucket which I dump in my toilet at home.
This has kept my tank clean and odor free. It is also allot easier then other methods suggested. Good Luck. Enjoy your rig, love ours.
Tered0712 is offline   Reply With Quote