Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
babyrattles

Default 2006 tour master T40A emissions sticker for DMV 330 mercede

I am trying to register the coach here in
California, DMV must visually see the emission
sticker, my engine is the MBE900 mercedes 330
i have heard it could be either on the passenger side of the engine or on the valve cover. I have tried to find it with a mechanics mirror, with no results,
if it is on the valve cover, where under the bed is the plate that covers the engine. Baby rattles p,s also heard if the engine has less than 7500 miles DMV does not to see it.
babyrattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
RayChez1

The sticker is on the valve cover on the Cat engines. It is a Federal emissions film sticker that they want to see. And the thing about the 7500 miles is not true, because I bought my coach brand new and they wanted to see that Federal emission sticker before they registered it in California. If you have the manual it will show you where the sticker is located.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Luckiest Dreamer

Look in your Freightliner manual for the phone number to their representative. Ask the question there, I found them to be very helpful.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Chuck v

Babyrattles,

My reply to one of your two earlier postings in the Electrical threads still gives you the information you need on the location of this sticker:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v
babyrattles,

My 2007 TourMaster 40-C also has the Mercedes 330 engine and I have the Detroit diesel MBE900 manual which states that the engine is CARB approved and labeled on the cylinder head 'as required by law' for both the EGR and non-EGR versions of this engine.

In my coach there is a panel on the raised floor of the walk-in closet that can be removed to gain access to the top of the engine. Because you mentioned the king bed, I presume that your coach is a 40-A floor plan. If your floor plan has the bed at rear most part of the coach on a raised platform, then I would expect to find a panel under there that can be removed -- that or in the closet floor across the back of the coach. Let us know what you find...

Chuck
The engine manual clearly states that it is on the head. You will have to find and remove the engine access panel inside your coach to view this sticker.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote