Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-23-2021, 10:31 PM   #1
bdeluca

Default 2001 Yellowstone Winterize

Hello all, new to the site. I just bought my first class A. I need some help winterizing it. The unit has a manabloc manifold. How do you winterize this unit? I can not find a suction line on the water pump to suck up the antifreeze. Any idea what I am missing here? Thanks in advance.
bdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #2
Dennis4809

Easiest way to get started is to use compressed air to blow out the lines. Use an adapter to connect your compressor to the street water connection. Just be sure to turn your compressor down to 40 psi or so.
The mani bloc is not an issue as it’s mainly a method to isolate a line if you have a leak. Sounds like you’ve looked at your water pump and confirmed that you don’t have a line to draw antifreeze. Don’t think I do either. You could install one if you want. A trip to a camper supply to buy the valve and 3 feet or so of line. Obviously goes in the line somewhere between the tank and the pump.
Do you have bypass lines on your water heater? If not, that’s an issue also.
Bottom line, I’ve found the best way to winterize is to head south about Oct 1st.

Dennis
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
bdeluca

Thanks for the info. I used compressed air and also used antifreeze. I just used the inlet on the water pump and flushed it through the manabloc and all the faucets, toliet, washer machine and dishwasher. Thanks again. Just took awhile to figure out the path of the water lines.
bdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote